12/9/22 GDT UTI’s at Roch 7:05 AHLTV

inkman

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

Two games in a row they got their butts handed to them.

Yeah I’m starting to think they’re just not very good this year. And it’s simple to see why. They lost:

Quinn

Peterka

Ruotsalainen

Jankowski

MacInnis

They replaced all of that scoring with… nothing. They didn’t sign a single proven forward other than Sheahan, who quit on the team. You can’t lose all of that scoring and replace it with 18 & 19 year old rookies. It doesn’t work. Quinn and Peterka were the exceptions in how quickly they excelled. 

In addition, the goaltending has been just awful. It doesn’t matter who plays. UPL, Houser and Subban have all been bad. 

The defense was supposed to be the strength, but I’ve found Priskie, Clague and Davies to all be disappointments. Appert talked about these signings in the summer, and having a dynamic defense that moves the puck up ice and provides offense. But they really haven’t done that at all. Their best defenseman is Bartkowski, who they grabbed mid season. 

Add in the 28th ranked penalty kill for good measure. I’m honestly shocked they have a winning record, but I don’t expect that to last long. 

Edited by Amerks8796
  • Thanks (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

Yeah I’m starting to think they’re just not very good this year. And it’s simple to see why. They lost:

Quinn

Peterka

Ruotsalainen

Jankowski

MacInnis

They replaced all of that scoring with… nothing. They didn’t sign a single proven forward other than Sheahan, who quit on the team. You can’t lose all of that scoring and replace it with 18 & 19 year old rookies. It doesn’t work. Quinn and Peterka were the exceptions in how quickly they excelled. 

In addition, the goaltending has been just awful. It doesn’t matter who plays. UPL, Houser and Subban have all been bad. 

The defense was supposed to be the strength, but I’ve found Priskie, Clague and Davies to all be disappointments. Appert talked about these signings in the summer, and having a dynamic defense that moves the puck up ice and provides offense. But they really haven’t done that at all. Their best defenseman is Bartkowski, who they grabbed mid season. 

Add in the 28th ranked penalty kill for good measure. I’m honestly shocked they have a winning record, but I don’t expect that to last long. 

This is the template for Amerks fans posts on this forum 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.