GDT: Penguins @ Sabres, Friday, 12/9/22, 7pm MSG

steveoath

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

You're right. It seems like he hasn't been able to come up with alot of pucks this year for some reason. 

He's on the battle but he's just a second late on forecheck or loses the battle after a few wacks at it. 

That and he's not finding his shot enough. 

Now, of course he will win many puck battles and score two goals tonight.

That line has garnered my attention in many instances because of the pressure they put on their opponents and control of play in the offensive zone. Sometimes I only have one eye on the game from 30' away from the TV and don't immediately know who's on the ice. Virtually in every instance when I recognize who is on the ice  I end up saying to myself "if only they had hands and could finish". Also Girgenson seems to have had a few shorthanded breakaways and has perfected accurately hitting the goalie's chest. 

6 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

That line has garnered my attention in many instances because of the pressure they put on their opponents and control of play in the offensive zone. Sometimes I only have one eye on the game from 30' away from the TV and don't immediately know who's on the ice. Virtually in every instance when I recognize who is on the ice  I end up saying to myself "if only they had hands and could finish". Also Girgenson seems to have had a few shorthanded breakaways and has perfected accurately hitting the goalie's chest. 

Girgensons gets chances.

Sometimes he hits some incredible shots but mostly just crest. 

Or misses entirely. 

Edited by Norcal

Listening to pregame on WGR.  Hamilton’s schtick is everything I’ve never wanted to hear.  He just can’t help sounding like the whiniest, complaining dbag you’ve ever heard.  He’s complaining about the defense in goaltending in the last game.  Dude they were up 6-0 before they broke a sweat.  STFU. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, grinreaper said:

58 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Girgensons gets chances.

Sometimes he hits some incredible shots but mostly just crest. 

Or misses entirely. 

Quite possibly my least favorite take in sports.  All they know how to do is hit the goalie.  They need to practice missing the goalie.  Everyone is trying to score.  It’s the difference between Quinn, Cozens, Peterka and Girgensons, Jost and Eakin.  Skill.  We finally have players that have it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.