GDT: Penguins @ Sabres, Friday, 12/9/22, 7pm MSG

steveoath

27 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

My apologies for contributing to the derailment.  Sometimes ...

With UPL playing the last few we may see Anderson tonight, but there has been considerable rest.

If I am DG I play UPL tonight to try to take advantage of the last change to try to get thhe most favourable matchup against Crosby and go with the more seasoned veteran on the road.

Yeah, my preference is to have Anderson on the road, but he also hasn't played in a while and I know Granato likes to challenge his players which might lead to him giving UPL the rest today and the start tomorrow. Ultimately it doesn't really matter whose in net if we keep putting up 9 goals. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

My apologies for contributing to the derailment.  Sometimes ...

With UPL playing the last few we may see Anderson tonight, but there has been considerable rest.

If I am DG I play UPL tonight to try to take advantage of the last change to try to get thhe most favourable matchup against Crosby and go with the more seasoned veteran on the road.

I'd like to see Anderson tonight and UPL tomorrow.  I think Crolkin might be too much for UPL.  Take the two at home.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I propose you all either create a new thread to have a pissing contest or make use of the "Ignore" button - this thread is getting off the rails.

Any word on the goaltender tonight? Thinking we'll see UPL at home and Anderson tomorrow on the road? Or vice versa?

Versa vica.

Anderson gets the front end of btb's & the other goalie gets the other game.

Andy & the coaches agreed that's how they'd handle btb's because that way he doesn't have to deal w/ the short night of sleep before the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Versa vica.

Andy & the coaches agreed that's how they'd handle btb's because that way he doesn't have to deal w/ the short night of sleep before the game.

Makes sense.

Who's Andy ??

Is that Andsie ??

• spndnchz changed the title to GDT: Penguins @ Sabres, Friday, 12/9/22, 7pm MSG
32 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Versa vica.

And he can still get the senior breakfast special at Denny's

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Okay.

How about this take ...

Who the ***** are you and why are you such a shithead ??

And why are you trying to hide behind a new user name ??

Loser !!

Give the former "Toilet Brush" some slack. He has obviously come here to bare his soul and place his personality and acumen on full display. Unless you and the rest of this board would be willing to use your profile picture to brag about the day you graduated from middle school you have no right to criticize him. Not many people have the kind of persistence to work until they're 28 to finally get their diploma, with gold stars to boot. In addition, he obviously accomplished all of this without English being his first language. As a society, we need to have compassion for those that find it impossible to make contributions. Mark my words, there will come a day that he says something bordering on the intelligent. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

It would be so nice to see UPL let in less than three goals in a game. He has it in him I know it!

I would also love to see the captain pot one. 

Haven't seen it discussed much here, because the play of others have overshadowed him, but Okposo has been a disappointment this year. The past two seasons he was looking really good and now he feels invisible out there a lot of times. I understand he's not on the PP2 unit this year, but last year he was still creating a few chances a game. This year it's hard to notice him.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Yeah, my preference is to have Anderson on the road, but he also hasn't played in a while and I know Granato likes to challenge his players which might lead to him giving UPL the rest today and the start tomorrow. Ultimately it doesn't really matter whose in net if we keep putting up 9 goals. 

Yes, and you couldn't focus on the problem with a larger lense. The Sabres are at the point where they are in dire need of goaltending that compliments the rest of the team. I'm not going to say this season is a guaranteed dud without better goaltending, but if they make it in they won't last for long if something doesn't change.

UPL and the goalie coaches need to address his high glove side double-ASAP - if he can fix that weakness things would look better.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ... said:

Yes, and you couldn't focus on the problem with a larger lense. The Sabres are at the point where they are in dire need of goaltending that compliments the rest of the team. I'm not going to say this season is a guaranteed dud without better goaltending, but if they make it in they won't last for long if something doesn't change.

UPL and the goalie coaches need to address his high glove side double-ASAP - if he can fix that weakness things would look better.

Welcome back, my friend(s) ... to the show that never ends

So glad you could attend ... come inside ! come inside ! ...

3 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Haven't seen it discussed much here, because the play of others have overshadowed him, but Okposo has been a disappointment this year. The past two seasons he was looking really good and now he feels invisible out there a lot of times. I understand he's not on the PP2 unit this year, but last year he was still creating a few chances a game. This year it's hard to notice him.

I think (hope) that by adding Krebs to the line with Kyle and Gus will add the playmaking needed to help them get more opportunities.   

Edited by Pimlach

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yeah that would be nice to see

DG seems to be leaving no stone unturned to find a way to get the best out of his young players. Putting Krebs with two leaders with a lot of grit may show him what he has to do to make it in the NHL. Shaq Lawson, who was a first round pick of the Bills a few years back recently stated when he returned this year that he had learned a valuable lesson while he was away. He basically stated that being a 1st round pick was not a guarantee of anything and that no matter a person's draft status or contract, putting everything into your game was necessary to excel. Those of us who have a little (or a lot) of gray in our beards will remember the tremendous transformation of first overall pick Bruce Smith. He looked like a JAG in his first year but after making a real commitment to giving his all to the game became arguably the best all time DE in football with more sacks than anyone in history. Talent without hard work doesn't mean jack. 

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

You're right. It seems like he hasn't been able to come up with alot of pucks this year for some reason. 

He's on the battle but he's just a second late on forecheck or loses the battle after a few wacks at it. 

That and he's not finding his shot enough. 

Now, of course he will win many puck battles and score two goals tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.