Are the Sabres out of the running for the playoffs?

inkman

Are the Sabres out of the playoff race?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Sabres out of the playoff race

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Paul Hamilton drives me absolutely nuts sometimes. 

He emphatically hammered a take on every wgr show appearance for a week, that the Sabres' season was over after the 8 game losing streak. He said the playoffs were not going to happen because they had too many teams to jump, yaddah yaddah. Once or twice he even said we can't see the team play in games that matter because they are just formalities the rest of the way. He went quiet on this after they played well for a month or two and got back in it, and a few weeks back Jeremy brought it up to him, and he rambled into a subject change to avoid addressing things he said before. 

Today on the ride home, he breaks out a "well i always was saying that they weren't going to make it, too many teams to jump"

No Paul, it doesn't work like that. They had the spot by points percentage more than once, they already jumped all those teams. That take was terrible. The Sabres got back into it. That they shat themselves once again doesn't make you right in November, when you were embarrassingly wrong for how hard you leaned into the point

Yup. Forward progress ruled. 

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Paul Hamilton drives me absolutely nuts sometimes. 

He emphatically hammered a take on every wgr show appearance for a week, that the Sabres' season was over after the 8 game losing streak. He said the playoffs were not going to happen because they had too many teams to jump, yaddah yaddah. Once or twice he even said we can't see the team play in games that matter because they are just formalities the rest of the way. He went quiet on this after they played well for a month or two and got back in it, and a few weeks back Jeremy brought it up to him, and he rambled into a subject change to avoid addressing things he said before. 

Today on the ride home, he breaks out a "well i always was saying that they weren't going to make it, too many teams to jump"

No Paul, it doesn't work like that. They had the spot by points percentage more than once, they already jumped all those teams. That take was terrible. The Sabres got back into it. That they shat themselves once again doesn't make you right in November, when you were embarrassingly wrong for how hard you leaned into the point

Next time just turn on some music.

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Audio books ever a consideration? 

No I tried and get too distracted, miss important information

I really don't mind driving in silence. It is disturbing to me that most people I know need to constantly pepper themselves with music, podcasts etc. at any hint of downtime. I find that I start to lose myself if others' words are the only things in my head 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I really don't mind driving in silence. It is disturbing to me that most people I know need to constantly pepper themselves with music, podcasts etc. at any hint of downtime. I find that I start to lose myself if others' words are the only things in my head 

I’m the opposite.  Can’t stand silence 

music all day in my office , I can spend an hour walking on my treadmill, staring at a wall but listening to music.   Except maybe the first 20 mins of the day with a coffee, then silence is golde. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo now has a 4% chance of making the playoffs. 

im-fine-everythings-fine-dw6v3g2npvp0e7i

I get that political opinion media encourage us to take the most extreme version of an argument we disagree with and use it as representative of the opposition, thus branding anyone who views things with nuance as flaky, weak, stupid, an enemy of humanity, and so on.  Can we avoid such condescension here, please?

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Some of us desperately don’t want the thoughts and memories of all the dumb ***** we’ve done during the day or our lives.  I need to drown that ***** out otherwise the stress makes me want to off myself. 

26 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I get that political opinion media encourage us to take the most extreme version of an argument we disagree with and use it as representative of the opposition, thus branding anyone who views things with nuance as flaky, weak, stupid, an enemy of humanity, and so on.  Can we avoid such condescension here, please?

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952876648b632633722d

43 minutes ago, inkman said:

Some of us desperately don’t want the thoughts and memories of all the dumb ***** we’ve done during the day or our lives.  I need to drown that ***** out otherwise the stress makes me want to off myself. 

You must face it and overcome it or you will never have an original thought again 

12 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

5 points back with 9 games left. 

It is possible, however unlikely, that the Sabres might find a Pens weakness... and exploit it.

The issue is that the Panthers (even free-falling at the moment) are still between them and that final spot. And the games-in-hand are gone but only relate to the NYI who are now 8 points up. And that's impossible, even for a computer!

11 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm the same way. I have so much information coming at me on a daily basis that driving in silence is the perfect way to eliminate it all and enjoy the break.

Much like I don't listen to pundits discussing the Sabres chances... I'm good with any outcome at his point.  I saw what I needed to see this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.