Sabres are tied for 2nd in the NHL in Goals For

SHAAAUGHT!!!

27 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Ok, I browsed your 'wall or words' but at this point I'm not going to respond to every single bit of it because it is just too much.  You were wrong to make the comments you did to me. Period. End of story.

I think what you are missing is the whole POINT of my post.  I cited examples of where Cozens cost the Sabres goals. I have done the same with Peterka and Quinn.  My point is, and all examples I listed were in support of that main point that I will restate here (hopefully in a way easier to understand) again:   COZENS IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER THAT HAS A MAJOR FLAW IN HIS GAME THAT IF HE FIXES HE WILL BE THAT MUCH BETTER.

Okay but we can do the same with every player on every team ever. That doesn't make the larger point I am trying to get you to look at any more correct. And again I don't disagree that Cozens has been out of position at times, I fully disagree and proved why it is wrong to say the CPQ line "all 3 players (Cozens, JJP, Quinn) have made mistakes/been out of position more than most other forwards on the team allowing prime chances and goals against." because they haven't. They aren't worse than most other forwards on this team and Jack Quinn might be the best 200ft player this team has currently. I have no doubt they have made mistakes and need to work on stuff but you are trying to suggest that Quinn, Cozens, JJP are similar to Krebs and that they are somehow worse than most other forwards. They aren't even worse than Tage, Skinner, and Tuch. 

"What the heck you are arguing about and telling me that I am just wrong about....It must be an ego thing with you." I'm telling you, you are wrong to clump JJP, Quinn, and Cozens with Krebs and suggest that they make mistakes and are not as good as most other forwards on this team. 

Here are Krebs numbers while we are on the subject... 36.84ga% and a 46.95xgf% so again, CPQ have not made "mistakes/been out of position more than most other forwards on the team allowing prime chances and goals against."

Literally my only point. It is objectively wrong to say this and sure it might be nitpicking but you it is a big point to refute. 

I’m going to give Thompson some props here, as well. I always wanted to build a legitimate second line behind a star 1C, and it appears we’ve finally done it. For me, Thompson gets some acknowledgement because, aside from that second line being populated by talented players with good chemistry, I think a small portion of the reason we have a 2nd line performing like a 1st line is because of the attention our first line, on paper, is drawing. 

Same reason I expect Savoie, or Kulich, or whoever shakes out ends up being an excellent 3C: the shelter 2 bonafide top 6 C’s provide 

Every piece we add from here on in fits easier because the shape it needs to take is so much more identifiable due to the other filled in variables. 

It’s also where more must be expected of the GM - because it’s the tweaks from that point on that separate the good from the great, and while, as mentioned, more information is available at this point to make sound moves, you are competing against GMs league wide, in the same place, also making the informed decisions their filled in rosters provide. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Doohickie said:

What are you smoking?  That line is actually pretty good at defending.

Sure, order some from Amazon, it will arrive in 3-5 days.  It's that easy, right?

45 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

If It wasn't you, and it was someone else who entered the conversation, I apologize.

It was not me. 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

That line has been great, no doubth about it.  However, is there any data available as to what D-men are on the ice the most with them?

I'm just curious to see the charts if they were available, to see if there is any difference in how they perform with different D-pairings.  Often times we may give too much credit, or too much blame, to a particular line when their performance may be more of a function of what 5 player unit is on the ice, as opposed to a 3 player unit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.