Christmas Jersey

Mingler55

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

@Mingler55

Very sorry to report that I have exhausted every avenue I can think of, called a bunch of places. I was unable to find an XL my friend. I feel as empty as Ryan O'Reilly at the end of a Sabres season.

Really appreciate you trying.  Thanks again.    Might see if I hunt him down a Retro Red/Black instead, but he may have to settle for an IOU.  Thank you again so much for all  your effort in trying to track this down for us.  

Go SABRES!!!

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, we're not out of the woods yet, this XL is proving to be a tough nut to crack. I'm not sending you a replica, they are cheesy. The Adidas ones in XL before Xmas may not happen. But I have some more calls to make today, I'm going to remain optimistic, even my son in law is stumped, and that kid and my daughter are true fanatics. He took her to some Rochester games last year and got pics of them with Quinn, Peterka and so on, for her Xmas gift, he took those photos, and went down to Dave & Adam's and got both of them to write "Happy Birthday Alyssa" and their signatures on the photos and on the Skinner goathead jersey He got her. He's constantly wheeling and dealing in gear. Up in my closet, I have several items that are just amazing He got me. That Perreault jersey, signed by Martin, Robert and Perreault is just a straight out treasure for me. So if an XL cam be had, he's a blood hound, he'll find it.

That is sweet!! The whole french connection signed on the one jersey.  That's a sweet jersey!!  I've got an Autographed Myers Jersey (He's a Calgary boy) and autographed prints of Lafontaine, Mogilny and Andreychuk.  Hard to find stuff out this way.   On the flip side, I know one of the Flames owners and he landed me a 2004 Team Signed Jersey (The year they made it to the finals against Tampa).  Not quite a Sabres Jersey, but still looks good in the shadow box. 

Really appreciate you taking to the time to help a guy out.  Means a lot.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Mingler55 said:

Really appreciate you trying.  Thanks again.    Might see if I hunt him down a Retro Red/Black instead, but he may have to settle for an IOU.  Thank you again so much for all  your effort in trying to track this down for us.  

Go SABRES!!!

There's a good chance you can get a R&B goathead as those are 3rds and should be around for at least 3 years w/ that designation.  So they are probably still available now as Adidas shouldn't just have a limited amount of fabric & crests assembled for it.  (Presuming they will have the contract w/ the league for a while longer.)

Another thought, if your kid really likes the B&G goatheads, and it is a significant downgrade from a real sweater, is getting a sweatshirt or hoodie in that style.  (Said it's a huge downgrade.)  The butter knife hoodies were pretty sharp.  Would guess the B&G goatheads would be too.

Wishing you good luck at finding something that'll work.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.