12-3-22 GDT Amerks @ Monsters - 7:05 AHLTV

inkman

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

You follow the Amerks as well as anyone. Could you list two to three players you believe will be ready to move up the ranks in the next couple of years? 

Rousek, Kulich are on the fast track.  Both probably get a few games with Buffalo this season.  Rosen might need this season and part of next.  He’s still acclimating to the North American game.  Kozak, Kisakov & Cederqvist are projects. None have made a huge splash in the AHL.  

The group of Weissbach, Biro and Murray I don’t view as much more than AHLers.  Although I do expect Linus to get a look with the Sabres at some point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Rousek, Kulich are on the fast track.  Both probably get a few games with Buffalo this season.  Rosen might need this season and part of next.  He’s still acclimating to the North American game.  Kozak, Kisakov & Cederqvist are projects. None have made a huge splash in the AHL.  

The group of Weissbach, Biro and Murray I don’t view as much more than AHLers.  Although I do expect Linus to get a look with the Sabres at some point. 

Which of the three players mentioned (Rousek, Kulich and Rosen) do you see becoming the better NHL player in a time frame of two to three years? 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Which of the three players mentioned (Rousek, Kulich and Rosen) do you see becoming the better NHL player in a time frame of two to three years? 

Kulich.  He was a first rounder for a reason.  I don’t want to exclude Savoie, whilst I realize he’s not a part of this convo about Amerks, he is quite clearly their best non goaltending prospect in the org. 

Edited by inkman
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

16 hours ago, inkman said:

Kulich.  He was a first rounder for a reason.  I don’t want to exclude Savoie, whilst I realize he’s not a part of this convo about Amerks, he is quite clearly their best non goaltending prospect in the org. 

Follow-up but in the shorter-term:  How is Rousek's board battling and speed/forechecking looking? In preseason I thought he looked the closest to getting a bottom-6 injury call-up. Would that still be the case or is someone else more deserving?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.