GDT: Colorado at Buffalo, Dec. 1, 2022, 7pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

Just now, pastajoe said:

My son in Boston is going. He says parking near the stadium costs $150. 😳

Is he parking an RV?  Normal car parking is $60-80. But there is Lot 55 where you can park for free. The catch is you can't leave that lot for 75 minutes after the end of the game. That's where I'll be tonight. The 75 minute delay is no big deal because you aren't going anywhere for at least 90 minutes due to traffic of Route 1. 

Don't know if your son would want to check out Lot 55 but here's the link. Parking has to be reserved though this link before the game. 
https://www.gillettestadium.com/freeparking/

6 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

What's the over/under on the number of fans showing up for the game at Keybank?

Had like 11,000 for TB on Monday......Figuring if Bills are on we will likely see a very small crowd.....say 7,000?

They sold at least 11K. But will everyone show up? I know if I bought tickets I'd go and watch the Bills later.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's hope the penalties stay at a minimum. 7 last night is way too much. Gotta admit, 3 of those penalties were complete garbage calls. I think Larkin fell on his own and they call tripping on MULE. Cmon!! And I'm not talking about the 5 on 3 late in third. Those were legit calls. This was in the second period If I recall.

Edited by Hawerchuk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

Let's hope the penalties stay at a minimum. 7 last night is way too much. Gotta admit, 3 of those penalties were complete garbage calls. I think Larkin fell on his own and they call tripping on MULE. Cmon!! And I'm not talking about the 5 on 3 late in third. Those were legit calls. This was in the second period If I recall.

In general, I thought this game was fairly called. There is no doubt that there were missed calls, but not all of them went against us. I distinctly remember a sequence of plays where the refs could have called penalties on the Sabres in the third period. The Detroit crowd definitely hooted and hollered about those calls. In this game I thought the calls (good and bad) balanced out. That's all you can ask for. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

ary Bettman: Hey, lets have Buffalo play back to back nights with travel and then give them 2 days off... also let's make the 2nd game during Thursday night football, make it at home to.

Unbelievable, really

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

This Sabres game is one I likely won't watch live.  I'll be at Buffalo Bros watching the Bills.  I may keep track of the Sabres on the phone but I wouldn't count on it.  If Buffalo Bros has ESPN+ maybe they can put it on one of the TVs.

Yep, I’ll be home watching the Bills as well. Couldn’t get any takers for our season tickets, either. And it’s Colorado! 😂

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Gary Bettman: Hey, lets have Buffalo play back to back nights with travel and then give them 2 days off... also let's make the 2nd game during Thursday night football, make it at home to.

Schedule Maker: I think the Bills play that Thursday against the rival Patriots.

Bettman: Yes I know the Bills play but like, hockey and stuff. Just do it, it makes sense!

Or....

Gary Bettman: Hey, lets have Buffalo play back to back nights with travel and then give them 2 days off... also let's make the 2nd game during Thursday night football, make it at home to.

Schedule Maker: I think the Bills play that Thursday against the rival Patriots.

Bettman: Yes I know the Bills play, put them against a much better team thats likely to win, this way fans in Buffalo will be distracted and won't care if the Sabres win or lose and it will give them an excuse for low attendance at the game

If UPL is sub-par again tonight, and Comrie’s return is not imminent, I wouldn’t be opposed to giving Subban or Houser a shot. 

This goalie situation has really been bungled by KA since he took over. 😡

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If UPL is sub-par again tonight, and Comrie’s return is not imminent, I wouldn’t be opposed to giving Subban or Houser a shot. 

Has UPL really been that much worse then Comrie?

Comrie was expected to come in and be the #1 this year, UPL was expected to play mostly in Rochester, Save percentage for both is still sub .900

34 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Watch the recorded games without knowing the score. Watch the Bills first as they won’t mention the Sabres. Then watch the Sabres, and if/when they get behind you fast forward until they tie it up. Skip all the stoppages and commercials from both games.

I have the Prime App on my iphone - I could stream the game and listen via bluetooth ear buds.  I was told not to play with my phone though.   

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Has UPL really been that much worse then Comrie?

Comrie was expected to come in and be the #1 this year, UPL was expected to play mostly in Rochester, Save percentage for both is still sub .900

So because Comrie has not been great, means they should stick with UPL, instead of another AHL goalie?

45 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

We have been getting a lot of minor penalties lately.  That happens when you stand around in your end playing lazy defense and then get desperate.   

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

Organization need to do something with fake calls. When you have 10 hits and 8 penalties it's too much. There is no place for such stupid justice in NHL. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just start Anderson again 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Tickets are going for $10...lol.

I just acquired two 100-level tickets for $21. each.  I'll be there to watch the potential slaughter in person.  It's all up to UPL and our defense.  Hopefully, this won't be a repeat of the Habs game earlier this season when I was the lone speck of blue in a sea of red.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

You havent seen Subban play im guessing.   He still needs to find his game after a long injurty

Why wouldn’t they move the start of the Sabres game up a couple of hours?

Sabres at 5. Over at 7:30.  Home in time for the Bills 

I’ll watch the Sabres till Kickoff- stay off my phone till half time and scroll through the remainder of the hockey in that 15 time slot 

Often these are Dahlin games    He’s been great in most every game but when playing against guys like Makar, Quinn, Hedman, we sometimes see something special from him 

Edited by Crusader1969

2 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

What's the over/under on the number of fans showing up for the game at Keybank?

Had like 11,000 for TB on Monday......Figuring if Bills are on we will likely see a very small crowd.....say 7,000?

If they put the Bills game on the Jumbotron, I’m sure a lot would go. Would be fun. 

Edited by kas23

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.