GDT: Colorado at Buffalo, Dec. 1, 2022, 7pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

Gary Bettman: Hey, lets have Buffalo play back to back nights with travel and then give them 2 days off... also let's make the 2nd game during Thursday night football, make it at home to.

Schedule Maker: I think the Bills play that Thursday against the rival Patriots.

Bettman: Yes I know the Bills play but like, hockey and stuff. Just do it, it makes sense!

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Gary Bettman: Hey, lets have Buffalo play back to back nights with travel and then give them 2 days off... also let's make the 2nd game during Thursday night football, make it at home to.

Schedule Maker: I think the Bills play that Thursday against the rival Patriots.

Bettman: Yes I know the Bills play but like, hockey and stuff. Just do it, it makes sense!

I wouldn't want the schedule maker's job.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Will they be showing the Bills game on the Jumbotron? 

This Sabres game is one I likely won't watch live.  I'll be at Buffalo Bros watching the Bills.  I may keep track of the Sabres on the phone but I wouldn't count on it.  If Buffalo Bros has ESPN+ maybe they can put it on one of the TVs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, this seems like it could have been avoided? 

Worse is this true story.  The setting is my living room, about 6 weeks ago. 

Mrs Punch:   We haven't been to a concert in a while.  I am going to see who is in town soon. 

Punch:  We are going on a cruise with 40 live acts playing live in 6 venues for 7 days!  I will get all the concerts I need for a while on the cruise.  

Mrs Punch:  Remember when we went to concerts all the time, just us, that was fun.  Don't you miss it?  

Punch:  <Grumble> uh huh

Mrs Punch:  <fiddling with laptop> I can get tickets for Daryl Hall and Tod Rundgren on Dec 1.  It's a Thursday.  We should go!

Punch:  <Grumble>  huh, yeah, uh huh 

Now fast forward to last week.  The Punch's are prepping for Thanksgiving and out if town company is about to roll in.  

Mrs Punch:   Don't forget we have Daryl Hall on the Dec 1st. 

Punch:  <grumble>  Huh.  oh yeah, ok. 

Mrs Punch:  It is on a Thursday.

Punch:  Wait.  Thursday?  <wakes up now>   The Bills play two Thursday games in a row starting on Thanksgiving!

Mrs Punch:  I told you Dec 1st. 

Punch: You did?    Well the Bills are on, versus the Pats*.   Big game.  Wust Win.  Muscle Weight! 

Mrs Punch:  I told you?   What am I supposed to do?  Check your sports schedule before we do anything?  

Punch:  I never miss a Bills game.  This is huge. It's the Pats*.  We need this one.  

Mrs Punch: You never miss a Sabres game, or a golf game either. You said you would take me, and the tickets were expensive.  

Punch:  <groan>  

Mrs Punch:  I can go with someone else then.   

Punch:  Ok.  <long pause>   Who?

Mrs Punch:  That is NOT nice.  We can record the game and you can tell your brothers and your friends not to text you during the games.  Leave your phone in the car.  Every Bills and Sabres game you ignore ME and you go into your own world ...  <sounds fade away> 

-----------

So, normally I would watch the Bills and switch to hockey during commercials.   Tonight, I will be off the grid.  If my teams win, I will watch the recorded version of the games with no stress.  If they lose, I will just read about it and move on.  

Watch the recorded games without knowing the score. Watch the Bills first as they won’t mention the Sabres. Then watch the Sabres, and if/when they get behind you fast forward until they tie it up. Skip all the stoppages and commercials from both games.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm going to Foxborough for the Bills game. I'll watch period one on my ESPN phone app before I go in.  Then I'll catch the rest in the car while I'm waiting for the traffic to clear.

My son in Boston is going. He says parking near the stadium costs $150. 😳

1 minute ago, KC Scouts said:

What's the over/under on the number of fans showing up for the game at Keybank?

Had like 11,000 for TB on Monday......Figuring if Bills are on we will likely see a very small crowd.....say 7,000?

I’d take the under, maybe 5,000.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.