Letang out indefinitely after suffering a stroke

North Buffalo

• North Buffalo changed the title to Letang out indefinitely after suffering a stroke
2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Based on what I have seen of strokes he will have deficits and never play again.. that being said he could function decently if it wasnt a big bleed...

I read the article and it seems LeTang has had a similar one before in 2014 and returned quickly to the NHL.  The article says this isn’t career threatening which is great news

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I read the article and it seems LeTang has had a similar one before in 2014 and returned quickly to the NHL.  The article says this isn’t career threatening which is great news

Still concerning given his age and history... but if its small again who knows

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Was it a bleed or a clot? 

Stoke by definition is a bleed... clots happen all the time and go away mostly... but can be ameliorated plus you have a lot of redundancies called anastomosis in your brain carotid arteries divides into posterior and anterior vertebral arteries left and right plus the basilar artery in the rear left and right and they communicate through an anastomosis called the circular of Willis so unless it is a blockage is in one of the main carotids it is not an immediate issue and drugs can get rid of it.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.