GDT: Sabres @ Redwings, 11/30/2022, 7pm, TNT 📺, wgr 📻

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Last year this time, people were ready to fire Dahlin into the sun. He's looking like a legit #1 overall pick and possibly one of the 5 best dmen in the league.

Came back from the All-Star Game experience a different player… Full of confidence and a few new moves

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

The best thing about this team is the close bound between the players.  They genuinely want each other to succeed.  It’s one of the reasons I’m so annoyed with KA not giving the team the support it needs.

However, how much can you tweak without hurting that connection. After all, to fill holes requires them to removing other players.

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The best thing about this team is the close bound between the players.  They genuinely want each other to succeed.  It’s one of the reasons I’m so annoyed with KA not giving the team the support it needs.

GMKA did by subtraction of John and others that were more self focused.

There will be opportunities to add vets to this team, but right now they are growing as a Band of Brothers.

I'm excited for the days when all these kids that grew up together raise the Cup. It will be even more special (if that's even possible).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Believer said:

Came back from the All-Star Game experience a different player… Full of confidence and a few new moves

I agree with your sentiments but Granato freed up the team after Krueger to play more with their instincts and not spend their time thinking about what Krueger wanted them to do. I remember Granato stating after he took over that the long losing streak habits weren't going to be corrected immediately but the team would learn to play a different style and start winning. At that time I doubt he had a lot of believers but his prediction came true. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

GMKA did by subtraction of John and others that were more self focused.

There will be opportunities to add vets to this team, but right now they are growing as a Band of Brothers.

I'm excited for the days when all these kids that grew up together raise the Cup. It will be even more special (if that's even possible).

I see you're from Chautauqua. I'm from the north end of Chautauqua.

17 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Do you want to add guys for the sake of adding guys, or do you want to add the right ones?

15 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

However, how much can you tweak without hurting that connection. After all, to fill holes requires them to removing other players.

The players also want to win.  You can give them real goaltending and better depth on D without hurting anything.

Shoot the dang puck Vinnie. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.