GDT: Sabres @ Redwings, 11/30/2022, 7pm, TNT 📺, wgr 📻

LGR4GM

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’d say that Cozens is pulling JJ and Quinn along.

Quinn's play seems to be heating up substantially. The book on him is that every time he moves up a level it takes him awhile to acclimate and then he turns it on. 

That line along with the 1st line is going to give other teams fits. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NAF said:

I really like Jost so far.

Not the most talent but works hard, plays fast, plays smart, and cleans up mistakes.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

He was a solid pickup. He fits in well with Okposo and Girgs. 

It almost seems like he's been playing with them for years already.  They just mesh well.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

That goal by Quinn was freaking awesome. To have the presence of mind and patience to do that at such a young age is really impressive.

I think he's been practicing that move because in the postgame interview Cozens said he knew what Quinn was going to do.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

I've been listening to the English language for almost 4 decades, and I'd never heard "do the splits" until the last few months. What is this nonsense? I hear it all the time now. 

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Savoie is taking Mitts spot next year.

Or maybe Kulich.  This year it should be Weissbach.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Not feeling it …

Red Wings … 4

Buffalo Wings … 2

Okposo, Asplund, or Dahlin with a goal

Sooooo glad I was way off Samsonite

then again the Red Wings did score 4 🤔😂

Edited by Zamboni

3 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

I wouldn’t say they dug themselves out of it, they got lucky. 

Then they were unlucky the game before. 

I win is a win.   We have beaten them twice now.  That is what matters.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Big Test on Thurs against AVS.... oof not expecting much.

What idiot at the NHL central offices scheduled a Sabres home game during a Bills game?!?!?

8 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

They barely won. This is two games in a row they gave up a lead in the third and took absolutely dumb penalties because they’re panicking.  

granato said that the tampa game was a buf learning experience. What did they learn from it? They did almost exactly the same thing

• Like (+1) 2

• SDS unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Then they were unlucky the game before. 

I win is a win.   We have beaten them twice now.  That is what matters.  

The back and forth scoring in games is a reflection of this era of hockey. Yzerman was interviewed on the broadcast and was asked why there so many come from behind games where teams were up or down by two goals or more. In his dour style he pointed out that hockey is faster, less defensive structure and overall, a lack of high-end goaltenders. He noted that most teams, with the exception of the few teams with elite netminders, are looking for better goalies. He said that there is simply a lack of them. He also pointed out in this era the emphasis is on coaching the offense more than the defense. 

For those who are more fixated on the flucuation of scoring they are not understanding that the game of today is not the game of yesterday. There is less clamping down on teams because it is simply too fast and oriented toward offensive play. 

As you stated enjoy a win instead of sneering at it. A win is a win. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The back and forth scoring in games is a reflection of this era of hockey. Yzerman was interviewed on the broadcast and was asked why there so many come from behind games where teams were up or down by two goals or more. In his dour style he pointed out that hockey is faster, less defensive structure and overall, a lack of high-end goaltenders. He noted that most teams, with the exception of the few teams with elite netminders, are looking for better goalies. He said that there is simply a lack of them. He also pointed out in this era the emphasis is on coaching the offense more than the defense. 

For those who are more fixated on the flucuation of scoring they are not understanding that the game of today is not the game of yesterday. There is less clamping down on teams because it is simply too fast and oriented toward offensive play. 

This is more fun. I'm old enough to remember when penalties were just not called in the 3rd period. If you had a 2 goal lead going in to the 3rd it was pretty much a win.

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Donny G is always saying that the team that scores first wins 70% of the time. I just wonder if that is still true. Does not seem that way to me. I don't even worry when we fall behind, and I don't relax when we are ahead. 

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Or maybe Kulich.  This year it should be Weissbach.

I watch a lot of Amerks games and I like Weissbach’s game, but he’s a left winger so I can’t see him replacing Mitts at center. Even though he’s a very young rookie, I’m intrigued by your Kulich idea. 

Didn't realize the game was on TNT last night. Found it at the End of tne 2nd...

Watched the 1st half of the 3rd period and went to bed disgusted

Glad they won, but what I saw is team chasing everything and not playing sound. The Redwings were just dominating... They were winning faceoffs and controling the puck and the Sabres had no answers in that stretch...

I see lots of people claiming goaltending as the main problem... What I saw had very little to do with goaltending.. It came down to system, they didn't seem to have one that was working.. 

Since I haven't seen much live Sabres I do not  see them enough in real time to say goaltending is THE issue, but the team as whole was in complete dissaray for the about 12 minutes I did watch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.