GDT: Sabres @ Redwings, 11/30/2022, 7pm, TNT ๐Ÿ“บ, wgr ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

Just now, NAF said:

At the beginning of the season I was all for giving Mittelstadt a shot in what was his make or break year. Now he is (and maybe it isn't just him, maybe it's the combo of him and Olofsson) actively costing the team games. Thankfully they didn't lose tonight, but they came about as close as possible. Is there any way he could be packaged for Chychrun? I get we'd be selling low, but at this point I don't really care. Maybe Mittelstadt, ร–stlund/Rosen, and our first top 15 protected this year?

WTF was up with the penalty calls tonight (and vs. Tampa for that reason)? I get they had to call the obvious ones -- the high sticking on Dahlin, etc., but I refuse to believe that the Sabres committed 7 penalties tonight and the Wings committed 2. ***** the refs.

I really like Jost so far.

ย 

He was a solid pickup. He fits in well with Okposo and Girgs.ย 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

That goal by Quinn was freaking awesome. To have the presence of mind and patience to do that at such a young age is really impressive.

Really like Granato going with JJP and Quinn in the shootout. Give the young bucks a run.

Cozens seems to be getting better by the game. He was all over the ice tonight and was the best player on both teams.

Really, really liking the JJ-Dylan-Jack line. They could very well be a force come spring.

7/7 on the PK including killing off a 5 on 3 is impressive.

They played some of the best hockey they've played all year in the first two periods followed by maybe the worst period they've played in the 3rd.

Mitts' line was dreadful. I mean really bad. Need to break them up and maybe sit Mitts for a couple of games to clear his head. VO was equally as bad. If he isn't scoring goals, I can't think of anything else he brings to the team.

I won't be comfortable with any kind of lead for a long time.

In the end, they weathered the storm against a good team on the road to get the 2 points. I'll take it, but sheeeeesh.

On to the next one...

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

You can feel that way.ย  I see the PKs to end the period a pretty good gut check for the kids.

It's a half full, half empty thing.

Yeah but if it was a better team there is no doubt in my mind that this game would have ended in regulation.ย 
ย 

a win is a win ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Edited by Sidc3000

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Savoie is taking Mitts spot next year.

Someone whoโ€™ll be more ready to contribute towards winning would be my playย 

And im a big Savoie guy and not one of those down on his pedestrian numbers this seasonย 

1 hour ago, Goldseatsaud said:

I take the dog for a walk itโ€™s 4-1, itโ€™s 4-4 WTH!!!!

Everyone knows you never walk the dog when the Sabres are leading 4-1 in the 3rd. Never. We can forgive this onetime oversight, but donโ€™t ever, ever let it happen again.ย 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

They barely won. This is two games in a row they gave up a lead in the third and took absolutely dumb penalties because theyโ€™re panicking. ย 
ย 

granato said that the tampa game was a buf learning experience. What did they learn from it? They did almost exactly the same thing

Ok. Be miserable. ย Iโ€™ll enjoy the rideย 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Iโ€™d say that Cozens is pulling JJ and Quinn along.

That's exactly what Granato has said on WGR on multiple occasions. And he also said that he was confident that his goal scoring will materialize because he has had a number of pipe missus. The coach knows his players.ย 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, ubkev said:

"...do the splits"

I've been listening to the English language for almost 4 decades, and I'd never heard "do the splits" until the last few months. What is this nonsense? I hear it all the time now.ย 

This is how you do the splits:

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.c54822e3d21883ac8e0cfbcf3b3499c4.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, ubkev said:

"...do the splits"

I've been listening to the English language for almost 4 decades, and I'd never heard "do the splits" until the last few months. What is this nonsense? I hear it all the time now.ย 

F'n awesome!!!!! Kid is gonna be a star, no doubt.ย 

Edited by Claude Balls

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

ย 

Okay.ย  So.ย  I had to pick up a prescription for my wife so I missed the shootout.ย  Then I came back and read the scoresheet wrong, thought Dahlin scored the game winning SO goal, posted the Dahlin pic, then took the dogs for their walk.ย  THEN, while on my walk I looked at my phone and saw it wasn't Dahlin it was Quinn.ย  SO I deleted the Dahlin post and finally.... here's Quinn's goal meme:

71xtrl.gif

Quinn is the first Sabre to earn this meme as his goal meme, because this is what it's like every time he scores.ย  You simply can't believe it.

Edited by Doohickie

Ridiculous they allowed 3 goals in under 6 mins in the 3rd to tie it, but nice job finishing it in a shootout.ย 

ย 

Face adversity, overcome it, mature as a young team...

3-1-1 in their last 5...LFG!

ย 

Just now, Porous Five Hole said:

Quinner with the winner.ย 
I could get used to that. ย 

ย 

That was such a sick move for a rookie...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.