GDT: Sabres @ Redwings, 11/30/2022, 7pm, TNT 📺, wgr 📻

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Sidc3000 said:

Absolutely inexcusable play in the 3rd

You are seriously going to watch that , see them blow a 3 goal lead, then kill off penalty after penalty, including a 5 on 3 with their 2 best d in the box, watch them control OT and then Watch a beautiful shootout goal and still be miserable???

enjoy the rollercoaster ride 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You are seriously going to watch that , see them blow a 3 goal lead, then kill off penalty after penalty, including a 5 on 3 with their 2 best d in the box, watch them control OT and then Watch a beautiful shootout goal and still be miserable???

enjoy the rollercoaster ride 

So I should be happy they fended off a 5 on 3 that should have never happened? Maybe I should be excited that they gave up 3 goals in 5 minutes. That was GREAT! 

Happy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

3 stars of the game for me

3: Jack Quinn, he was good all night

2: Dylan Cozens, I mean wow

1: Right Post, had 2 huge saves in the shootout. 

Agree...I might add an honorable mention to Casey Fitzgerald who I thought played a quietly effective game.  I've not given him enough props before, but he wasn't bad tonight.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

So I should be happy they fended off a 5 on 3 that should have never happened? Maybe I should be excited that they gave up 3 goals in 5 minutes. That was GREAT! 

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Ummm they won. So yes you should be 

It's a young team that got them in a bad situation.  They did dig themselves out of it.

Our hope is they can mature fast, and we don't see this stuff later in the season.

A win's a win. My first sensation after Quinn's shootout goal is relief. We were fortunate that Detroit had two shootout shots hit metal. 

The first star for me in this game was Anderson. If anyone says Cozens deserves the first star, I'm not going to say you are wrong. 

The Cozens's line is emerging. It's only going to get better. And that's an exciting proposition.

The Mitts line has become invisible and inconsequential. And I don't consider myself a Mitts basher. 

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Ummm they won. So yes you should be 

They barely won. This is two games in a row they gave up a lead in the third and took absolutely dumb penalties because they’re panicking.  

granato said that the tampa game was a buf learning experience. What did they learn from it? They did almost exactly the same thing

At the beginning of the season I was all for giving Mittelstadt a shot in what was his make or break year. Now he is (and maybe it isn't just him, maybe it's the combo of him and Olofsson) actively costing the team games. Thankfully they didn't lose tonight, but they came about as close as possible. Is there any way he could be packaged for Chychrun? I get we'd be selling low, but at this point I don't really care. Maybe Mittelstadt, Östlund/Rosen, and our first top 15 protected this year?

WTF was up with the penalty calls tonight (and vs. Tampa for that reason)? I get they had to call the obvious ones -- the high sticking on Dahlin, etc., but I refuse to believe that the Sabres committed 7 penalties tonight and the Wings committed 2. ***** the refs.

I really like Jost so far.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

The Mitts line has become invisible and inconsequential. And I don't consider myself a Mitts basher. 

Right now, I'd trade that line for 3 good back checking forwards who can gain puck possessions when needed.

They don't even need to score.  LOL.

• Agree 1

I could be wrong but it seems like Anderson is sharper in the beginning of games than he is in the later stages. I noticed this before tonight's game. 

For those of you that blame Granato for the late game collapse by rights he should get credit for the gutsy PK at the end of the game and the OT domination by the Sabres. I liked his choice of shooters in the Shootout.

With Tage's hard shot I think he should take a page out of Kotalik's deadly Shootout slapshot that he was so successful on from inside the faceoff circles.

I mentioned this earlier but the Sabres are getting a ton of quality chances and as they gain experience I would expect them to bury more of them and be a very high scoring team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.