Sabres have 4 players on an 80+ point pace currently...

matter2003

3 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Still doesn't make sense I don't care how they play if they win more games. Play the trap for all I care 

Overall, yes, and I agree: but the idea here for why having a few really good scorers rather than hypothetically just a couple more points would be the preferred scenario is that we aren’t a finished product yet. We can add to the parts that are working. 

Finished product? Ya, give me the team with more points in the standings, full stop 

Edited by Thorny

4 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Still doesn't make sense I don't care how they play if they win more games. Play the trap for all I care 

I guess we are going to disagree.  Give me 2 teams that both miss the playoffs. One is slightly better but plays the trap and scores 2 goals per game...I'm not watching.  A team with a few less points over a full season but plays up and down the ice and scores 4-5 every night...at least I'm entertained.

If you aren't making the playoffs, entertain me. If you dont' do that, I have zero reason to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I guess we are going to disagree.  Give me 2 teams that both miss the playoffs. One is slightly better but plays the trap and scores 2 goals per game...I'm not watching.  A team with a few less points over a full season but plays up and down the ice and scores 4-5 every night...at least I'm entertained.

If you aren't making the playoffs, entertain me. If you dont' do that, I have zero reason to watch.

Still doesn't matter both teams do not make the playoffs in your scenario 

1 minute ago, Toilet_Mop said:

The teams we have now don't make the playoffs...

Exactly...so if we get 86 points this year and miss the playoffs versus 92 points and miss the playoffs but then our potential goes from 110 points to 98 points the following year from it, I am not interested.

IMO, this team is still a year away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.