Owen Power Did Something Incredible Tonight

Brawndo

6F4D3A96-70CC-4D25-BBA1-9733C0D5FB5C.thumb.jpeg.f0c497657b1d1f2d7e430e09c5651c55.jpegEC9D9F29-2C4C-4B0E-8595-62EC4849CDA1.thumb.jpeg.c23ca71b735459dc98c66609bd82ddc7.jpeg

Always shadows directly over top of his right eyebrow whereas on his left side you can see it sits noticeably higher. 

This doesn’t mean anything I just notice a lot of dumb pointless stuff. File this under Reinhart adjusting his helmet an abnormal amount 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't know what that means

53 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Agreed.  Please help.

EV means even strength and xGF is expected goals for. So they are looking at his xGF% (so xGF and xGA divided) which helps us understand what happens when Owen Power is on the ice. The short version is that in all the years they have data that attempts to count up expected goals, Owen Power last night finished with the highest xGF% divded by TOI (60min) of any player going back to 2007. 

"We were referencing his on-ice xGF (total xG of unblocked shots taken for Buffalo while Power was on the ice)."

While Owen Power is on the ice his team generates significantly more offense than they give up. xGA/xGF per 60 minutes of TOI. 

14 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why don’t the xGF numbers on the graph match the xGF numbers on the numerical list?

It looks like about 10 on the graph, but 3.85 on the list?  What’s up with that?

you have to divide. xGA/xGF

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean, idk about that. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 5

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

EV means even strength and xGF is expected goals for. So they are looking at his xGF% (so xGF and xGA divided) which helps us understand what happens when Owen Power is on the ice. The short version is that in all the years they have data that attempts to count up expected goals, Owen Power last night finished with the highest xGF% divded by TOI (60min) of any player going back to 2007. 

"We were referencing his on-ice xGF (total xG of unblocked shots taken for Buffalo while Power was on the ice)."

While Owen Power is on the ice his team generates significantly more offense than they give up. xGA/xGF per 60 minutes of TOI. 

you have to divide. xGA/xGF

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean, idk about that. 

What about the other players on the ice with him? Do they factor into this?

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

They are over 23?

I was thinking more along the lines of, considering the Sabres' record, they're not exactly upper crust.

48 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

How does that translate into wins and losses? 

That's what I mean:  If we have all these top players, how come we suck?  Must be the rest of the team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.