GDT - Thunder Bolts & Lightning @ Sabres - November 28, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Lessons in losing. 

As I predicted they ran the goalie. I honestly can't remember a Tampa Buffalo game where they didn't run the goalie at least once. At least this time there was a little bit of a response, even if it wasn't adequate (imo). 

They didn't play badly, and Tampa almost fell into the trap (game) but the PK was no match for their PP and as they always do against us they often owned the front.

Yes we need better goaltending, but this game was not the goalie's fault. 

It was funny listening to the announcers talk about Elliot like he was some sort of all star problem for the Sabres and not as the washed up has been veteran back up he is. 

Jost love should stop too. He made some good plays, but also gave the puck away a lot and I can see why he got waived. Not a smart player. 

The rookie line was pretty good though. Or the ELC line for those who prefer a more rigid definition of rookie 🙂

Xgf says this game was the goalie fault. 

After re-watch, I think I agree with Biron. 3 of those require a stop. 

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can we give up on UPL?

Honestly, I'm 1 game away. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SwampD said:

I hope with that 20 million in cap space that we get some grit. Like it or not, that was the difference in the game. It was men against boys in that scrum and the game was decided there.

No, just please stop this. We lost because of gt and the pk. This is the concept of Kassian.

You even say in another post something about gt letting us down. It's not grit, it's gt and in this one pk coverage. 

Edited by LGR4GM

6 hours ago, FanaticSense06 said:

All sports that can be bet on are fixed, and that includes the NHL.

+150 for the Sabres to win this game and +150 for the over 1.5 goal spread for Tampa Bay winning.

The Sabres get up by two goals and boom 3 penalties in the last 5 minutes of the game, one to ensure it is a 4 on 4 intead of a PP for the Sabres, and 2 others to give Tampa 5 on 4's so they can tie up the game. Sure you can say the penalties called on the Sabres should of been called, but Tampa had multiple of the same type of penalties and none of them were called on them.

Not only did the 3 penalties help Tampa Bay score and tie the game up, it also brought it to the OT guaranteeing the 1.5 spread won't be covered either if you bet the over.

In other words, anyone that bet on this game lost and the NHL made sure it happened by using penalties to do so. In fact they did it all game, everytime the Sabres scores, oh Tampa gets a penalty to help them stay in the game. All sports that can be bet on are rigged as much as they can be.

5 hours ago, FanaticSense06 said:

Did you even read the post? Because if you did I dunno how you could even ask this question...

It does not matter if someone did or did not commit a penalty, the refs call them when they want to call them, not when or because a penalty occurs, period end of story buddy.

Just ignore all the money that is made because of fixing these games from betting, its ok, keep that head in the sand, the NHL is perfectly legit, as well as all other "sports".

LMFAO!!!

Your just ignorant, plenty of people including players of these "professional sports" have come out and said the games are fixed.

You think your going to hear that kind of thing on the mainstream news buddy? You do realize these are multi-billion dollar corporations right? That literally sign multi-billion dollar contracts with "media" channels such as FOX, CBS, etc.

Wake the F up.

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

8 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Buffalo's penalties: Too Many Men (while on the PP) - sloppy. High sticking on Muel - obvious must call. Roughing on Dahlin (and 4-on-4 for the interference). Jost - Hooking. Power - Over the Glass. That's 4 of 5 penalties that are "must call" regardless of situation. If the Sabres are back-to-back-to-back Conference champions maybe they draw a hook or trip somewhere along the way. But once we were midway through the 3rd, the refs weren't going to call any make-ups. The Jost hook is odd, but everything else was deserved and is always called. Fix the PK and this game is a rout for Buffalo. 

Not complaining about calls on Sabres just missed calls on Tampa... trip on defending forward by i think Stamkos on KO right before their goal... high stick on Kuch against Mule again right before Tampa goal and another blatant trip in the third in Tampa D zone, not to mention all their hooking and grabbing in their D zone... 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Xgf says this game was the goalie fault. 

After re-watch, I think I agree with Biron. 3 of those require a stop. 

Honestly, I'm 1 game away. 

Another of my dead horse rants, UPL was never considered a top prospect by most people outside of WNY. Yes, I know he had that one dominant year in junior before the hip injuries( someone always points that out) but he was always on the fringe and is an example of my biggest problem with KA. Saying you didn’t want to give Ullmark four years because you didn’t want to block a prospect is saying you are one hundred percent sure that said prospect will pan out and that’s malarkey. Even top prospects flop, especially goaltenders.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Not complaining about calls on Sabres just missed calls on Tampa... trip on defending forward by i think Stamkos on KO right before their goal... high stick on Kuch against Mule again right before Tampa goal and another blatant trip in the third in Tampa D zone, not to mention all their hooking and grabbing in their D zone... 

How many penalties would you like to see in an NHL game?

7 hours ago, sabresouth said:

I don't know,  but he's had three years to find him. That's more than enough time. 

He tried for Murray but the Sabres were on his NTL. I have a feeling the Sabres are on alot of players NTL and that’s why Adams has decided to go with the total youth movement because he has no choice. 

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I should be more angry but...  we get another defender and switch out Mitts or Olofsson... we might be cooking. 

Well I’m still pissed 

Switch out Mitts or Olofsson for who?  Who is 3C?  

Edited by Pimlach

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

It’s amazing to me how many times all five Sabres are looking at the puck on the ice in front of the net, and have no idea where opposing players are.

And on the game winner, why didn’t Dahlin go to the puck carrier and Tuch peel off to cover Stamkos. Not the greatest defense there. Of course, it would be nice to have the goalie make a stop there.

We don’t teach defense.  Just go out and play fast and free and develop offensive skills.  A defensive system is not part of this team.  

We can learn how to win later, I guess?  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Quint said:

Sick goal by Thompson. The Sabres PK was overmatched...TB was 3/4 on the pp. Also Elliot Friedman called the Sabres a "small" team but we have a bunch of huge guys who just play small.

We are not small, but we play afraid at times.  No swagger with a 2-goal lead and 5 minutes left.  We should have been pounding them.

Look at their 4th goal.  Literally every Sabre was posing for pictures.  

40 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We don’t teach defense.  Just go out and play fast and free and develop offensive skills.  A defensive system is not part of this team.  

We can learn how to win later, I guess?  

Every year it seems about this time I get a saying stuck in my head (other than "Muriel you b**** I'm finally going to kill you!!!!!"). Learning to lose. It's a perennial realization that despite all this young talent, the losing culture somehow continues to replicate itself. You don't learn anything from last night as a player. Just that, the next time you're in this situation you know what's going to happen. Not enough experience around you, coaching that's either clueless to the importance of winning or just clueless... Washrinserepeat.

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Id like it called fairly just saying in this game it was lopsided

The only use of analytics I'd endorse is finding out what refs let what go at what time in games in what situations. Like going down I-95, they can't call them all.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No, just please stop this. We lost because of gt and the pk. This is the concept of Kassian.

You even say in another post something about gt letting us down. It's not grit, it's gt and in this one pk coverage. 

Hockey is a physical game. That physicality can be and is used by teams to win games. There are plenty of guys that can stick handle and score goals. Tampa is filled with guys that can not only do that, but also get physical and nasty. It’s why they’ve been as good as they have been for as long as they have.

I’m sure you’re going to show me a bunch of stats and say, “no, this is why they’ve been good.” And once again, I will say that stats are a result, not the why.

12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Hockey is a physical game. That physicality can be and is used by teams to win games. There are plenty of guys that can stick handle and score goals. Tampa is filled with guys that can not only do that, but also get physical and nasty. It’s why they’ve been as good as they have been for as long as they have.

I’m sure you’re going to show me a bunch of stats and say, “no, this is why they’ve been good.” And once again, I will say that stats are a result, not the why.

They didnt win last night because they were nasty, the literally won because our GT was ***** and PK was trash. But again, it goes back to the Miller hit still living in the psyche of the Sabres and Fans everywhere. Until we have a team that just punches ppl night in and night out, we will be "soft" and that will be why we lose. It isn't true but I am done arguing about "physicality" being some major reason for where this team is when the Occam's Razor is slapping us in the face. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They didnt win last night because they were nasty, the literally won because our GT was ***** and PK was trash. But again, it goes back to the Miller hit still living in the psyche of the Sabres and Fans everywhere. Until we have a team that just punches ppl night in and night out, we will be "soft" and that will be why we lose. It isn't true but I am done arguing about "physicality" being some major reason for where this team is when the Occam's Razor is slapping us in the face. 

You are missing the point. As usual. I’m not talking about punching ppl every night, as much as you want to believe that so you can hang on to your hockey ideals.

Why we’re we on the PK? Because they got physical and knocked certain of our players out of their game and forced them into taking bad penalties.

Don’t get me wrong. We’re getting there.  Our young hopefuls look like they are going to be those players. They just aren’t there yet. And I’m certainly not going to get down on a 19 YO for making a rushed play against the defending SC champs. But we were on the PK because Tampa pushed back hard and we couldn’t deal.

Next year. It’ll be next year.

…. I have to believe that, otherwise what’s the point.

Edited by SwampD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.