GDT - Thunder Bolts & Lightning @ Sabres - November 28, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

1 minute ago, grinreaper said:

In the scrum at the net in which Dahlin got the penalty for roughing, while he was down on the other guy a Tampa player came in and gave UPL a shot to the face. No question that it was a penalty. 

Absolutely. How did they not call that?

Oh, wait. That’s right,… Tampa.

For posterity:

Tampa Bay is the 12th most penalized team this season by way of Minors

Buffalo is the 19th most penalized team this season by way of Minors

Tampa also gets the 9th most powerplays

Buffalo gets the 6th most power plays 

- - - 

Tampa is being hit with more minors than Buffalo, and are receiving fewer PPs

Just some overall context fwiw 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

All sports that can be bet on are fixed, and that includes the NHL.

+150 for the Sabres to win this game and +150 for the over 1.5 goal spread for Tampa Bay winning.

The Sabres get up by two goals and boom 3 penalties in the last 5 minutes of the game, one to ensure it is a 4 on 4 intead of a PP for the Sabres, and 2 others to give Tampa 5 on 4's so they can tie up the game. Sure you can say the penalties called on the Sabres should of been called, but Tampa had multiple of the same type of penalties and none of them were called on them.

Not only did the 3 penalties help Tampa Bay score and tie the game up, it also brought it to the OT guaranteeing the 1.5 spread won't be covered either if you bet the over.

In other words, anyone that bet on this game lost and the NHL made sure it happened by using penalties to do so. In fact they did it all game, everytime the Sabres scores, oh Tampa gets a penalty to help them stay in the game. All sports that can be bet on are rigged as much as they can be.

Edited by FanaticSense06

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Only the last 2 I think he should make himself bigger in net, the first 4 goals were just point blank shots.

NHL AVERAGE goalies save almost all of the shots that they are supposed to save, AND they save a few they aren't supposed to save.

If you only get the ones that you're supposed to save, you ARE NOT an NHL goalie.

If you don't save any you're not supposed to save AND you let in some you're supposed to save, you're UPL🤬

We played very good 5V5 hockey.  We outplayed them in 5v5, they know it.  

The PK was a problem tonight.

Our guys missed opportunities to close this out.  Despite the refs calls, and everything else, we had opportunities to win and did not.  

A big concern I have is the lack of "system" needed to close out a game.  5-3 lead, 5 mins in the game, home ice.  This should be a win 99.9% of the time.   I have to look at the coach when there is no win.  No excuse.  

This was a game when getting 1 point is bitter feeling.  No moral victory.  

We have to improve at least 5-6 players on this team to make a noticeable stride.  The waiting is the hardest part.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Only the last 2 I think he should make himself bigger in net, the first 4 goals were just point blank shots.

Dude lets in way too many clearly seen shots from places where people should not score from no matter who was shooting.

No excuses getting beat from there in OT, Stamkos or not.

Edited by matter2003
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

+150 for the Sabres to win this game and +150 for the over 1.5 goal spread for Tampa Bay winning.

The Sabres get up by two goals and boom 3 penalties in the last 5 minutes of the game, one to ensure it is a 4 on 4 intead of a PP for the Sabres, and 2 others to give Tampa 5 on 4's so they can tie up the game. Sure you can say the penalties called on the Sabres should of been called, but Tampa had multiple of the same type of penalties and none of them were called on them.

Not only did the 3 penalties help Tampa Bay score and tie the game up, it also brought it to the OT guaranteeing the 1.5 spread won't be covered either if you bet the over.

In other words, anyone that bet on this game lost and the NHL made sure it happened by using penalties to do so. All sports that can be bet on are rigged as much as they can be.

So...Dahlin DIDN'T deserve a roughing call there? K.

6 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

In other words, anyone that bet on this game lost and the NHL made sure it happened by using penalties to do so. All sports that can be bet on are rigged as much as they can be.

It's true. 

This is why I purely watch WWE now and have forsaken the 4 major NA sports 

Say what you want, but at least I know what's happening is f*cking real 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Did you even read the post? Because if you did I dunno how you could even ask this question...

It does not matter if someone did or did not commit a penalty, the refs call them when they want to call them, not when or because a penalty occurs, period end of story buddy.

Edited by FanaticSense06

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The missed calls going the other way.  

This is simply the standard (if perverse) method of NHL officiating. Tonight, the refs were going only call the main stuff.

They called a TB penalty in the 1st. During the PP, Buffalo then had Too Many Men which is a must call. Both teams had a PP, there was 4-on-4. Tampa scored, but whatever, because from the NHL ref's perspective it's 1 TB penalty.

In the 2nd: Muel high stick. Must call.

In the 3rd: Roughing+Goalie interference. The refs aren't going to take more than one player from each side, unless there's something over the top. So everything else is fine.

If there's any "balancing" to be done, it's the Jost hook balancing out that TB penalty from the 1st period.

Then, Power shoots it over the glass. The refs had no idea that was going to take place. If it's a slash, they let it go. But it's a delay of game and an automatic. From the ref's perspective it's 1 penalty to each team through 60 minutes. Plus, the Sabres killed it off, and Power got an OT breakaway out of it. Kill some penalties (and that also means get better goaltending). This was playoff officiating.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I hope with that 20 million in cap space that we get some gritty. Like it or not, that was the difference in the game. It was men against boys in that scrum and the game was decided there.

TBH, and with all due respect, I'm not THAT sure gritty would fix the GT situation

but, really..you know what - he might be an upgrade

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Not going to buy into the conspiracies... the Sabres lose because they have been poorly managed for over a decade. 

of course lol

• Like (+1) 1

it’s incredibly simple to blame the goaltending. 
Im not sure which of the 6 goals he was expected to save.  sure I’d like to see a save but they were all high danger opportunities 
The PK was incredibly outmatched by their PP   This needs to be addressed immediately  

the 3rd line was out their for both of TBs even strength goals, I believe     This needs to be addressed immediately   I hate to say it cause he can score but Olofssons time has come to an end and the sooner the better   Find a team that has a struggling PP and see if they can get a guy that can kill penalties

oh and go get Chychrun   

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Not going to buy into the conspiracies... the Sabres lose because they have been poorly managed for over a decade. 

Just ignore all the money that is made because of fixing these games from betting, its ok, keep that head in the sand, the NHL is perfectly legit, as well as all other "sports".

LMFAO!!!

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Im not sure which of the 6 goals he was expected to save.  sure I’d like to see a save but they were all high danger opportunities 
The PK was incredibly outmatched by their PP   This needs to be addressed immediately  

the 3rd line was out their for both of TBs even strength goals, I believe     This needs to be addressed immediately   I hate to say it cause he can score but Olofssons time has come to an end and the sooner the better   Find a team that has a struggling PP and see if they can get a guy that can kill penalties

oh and go get Chychrun   

Let me help

If the following fill in the blank: "Im not sure which of the *insert #* goals he was expected to save" is populated by a number 5 or greater, the goalie shares in the blame. full stop.

It's ok to expect your goalie to provide POSITIVE value, and not just the literal bare minimum of "don't hurt us"

It's a position on the team where you *look to gain advantage over the other team's equal but opposite guy* same as any other 

people are so weird with goalies 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

oh and go get Chychrun   

If you value an ex NHL goalies opinion …. Biron mentioned about 3 of those goals were more or less on UPL alone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Yes, he did deserve that but Tampa deserved an additional one for mugging UPL during the scrum. There were other obvious ones during the game that Tampa got away with. As someone else posted earlier it is rather odd that the team that was basically dominating play would get way more penalties than the team that had a hard time keeping up with the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

Just ignore all the money that is made because of fixing these games from betting, its ok, keep that head in the sand, the NHL is perfectly legit, as well as all other "sports".

LMFAO!!!

the bigger the conspiracy, the harder to pull off.... you would need a lot of people involved in fixing all the sports and they would all have to keep quiet to a man.... not likely 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Buffalo's penalties: Too Many Men (while on the PP) - sloppy. High sticking on Muel - obvious must call. Roughing on Dahlin (and 4-on-4 for the interference). Jost - Hooking. Power - Over the Glass. That's 4 of 5 penalties that are "must call" regardless of situation. If the Sabres are back-to-back-to-back Conference champions maybe they draw a hook or trip somewhere along the way. But once we were midway through the 3rd, the refs weren't going to call any make-ups. The Jost hook is odd, but everything else was deserved and is always called. Fix the PK and this game is a rout for Buffalo. 

Yes. Every penalty was a penalty. They always are when someone makes this argument and it is bullsh!t. I just watched it again and right before the scrum, Girgs gets tackled (literally) along the boards, right in front of the ref. Arm stays down. We’re not getting that call, Tampa is. It’s just a fact.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.