GDT - Thunder Bolts & Lightning @ Sabres - November 28, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

If we're being all metaphysical and random... Didja ever look at the other team when they pan down the bench during the anthems. They have dudes who are really good at hockey. They're just dudes. We have such dudes.

What's stopping us? If you have the answer, just give me a call.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

If we're being all metaphysical and random... Didja ever look at the other team when they pan down the bench during the anthems. They have dudes who are really good at hockey. They're just dudes. We have such dudes.

Two hundred degrees, that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Punch is old.  He doesn't know about that new rock & roll that that kids listen to these days.

LOL - I got it after further review of the thread.  Some of the comments from  @PASabreFan  require deep study and much contemplation.   

The lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody are interesting.  References to a scientist (Gallello), operas (Figaro), a scandalous theater character (Scaramouch), and the devil himself (Beelzebub).   Try to figure it out and you get - nothing really matters.  Except tonight's game which is a MUST WIN.  

• Like (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody are interesting.  References to a scientist (Gallello), operas (Figaro), a scandalous theater character (Scaramouch), and the devil himself (Beelzebub).   Try to figure it out and you get - nothing really matters.  Except tonight's game which is a MUST WIN. 

I believe I saw an interview a while back and the point of Galileo, Figaro, Scaramouch and even Beelzebub was just to have operatic sounding words to sing; they were never intended to carry meaning in the main narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all
The time

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I believe I saw an interview a while back and the point of Galileo, Figaro, Scaramouch and even Beelzebub was just to have operatic sounding words to sing; they were never intended to carry meaning in the main narrative.

Then they would never use Chychrun.  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Freddie's true calling and love was opera ... see Barcelona.  He has said that he wrote it to be poetic and romantic and operatic in nature, but all that part does not have any real meaning.

The nothing really matters and the any way the wind blows part has some significance as does the not wanting to die and the not being born parts, but nothing much else.

+++++

With that ...

GO SABRES!!

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Punch is old.  He doesn't know about that new rock & roll that that kids listen to these days.

1975 ...

This is a true trap game for them so if we can't beat them in this one we simply can't beat them. Hopefully we bring it hard fast and early before they even wake up. 

UPL starting because he's more likely to withstanding getting run into by Maroon or Perry than Anderson is. 🙂

Somebody, anybody, run into Kucherov for once though okay? 

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

This is a true trap game for them so if we can't beat them in this one we simply can't beat them. Hopefully we bring it hard fast and early before they even wake up. 

UPL starting because he's more likely to withstanding getting run into by Maroon or Perry than Anderson is. 🙂

Somebody, anybody, run into Kucherov for once though okay? 

Know you were making a funny, but UPL gets this one because Anderson got the last one & will get the Avs game.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.