Sabres Put Riley Sheahan on Unconditional Waivers For the Purposes of Contract Termination

Brawndo

It's not like the Sabres weren't upfront with him when they signed him.  He was told that Rochester was a real possibility and that if he went there he'd was supposed to be part of the leadership group to mentor the kids.

I understand he wants to play in the NHL and he thinks he has more to contribute then say Krebs.  However his best seasons are behind him.  He is a 20 pt guy at best.  Krebs put up 22 in half a season last year.  I'd play Krebs also.  He's only 21 and needs experience.  The Sabres need to find out what they have in Krebs. Sheahan is a known bottom 6 player with zero upside.

9 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol. Buffalo could trade a 7th round pick in 2098 for McDavid and you'd still find a way to bitch about the move. 

My guess, is Sheahan asked out cuz he wants to try and get on an nhl team and Adams was like,  we understand. 

I don’t want to post the video cause it just feels wrong to do so but, there is documented social media video of his significant other talking about how much disappointment there was in going to Rochester. 

He definitely asked out. It’s not a big deal. He’s an older dog. 

Edit nm the video was already posted lol

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

I give him a ton of credit for his taste in women tho. A+ grade there.

Meh, looks OK, but apparently didn't understand her husband's job. Or to be honest, other jobs too. Once upon a time, I was told, "I don't have any work for you. There's a position in Maryland or you can stay and hope you don't get caught up in the next round of layoffs." There was a round just before I got off the project I was working; I took the job in Maryland. Binghamton wasn't a thriving job market and I was single with zero attachments to the area.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I don’t want to post the video cause it just feels wrong to do so but, there is documented social media video of his significant other talking about how much disappointment there was in going to Rochester. 

He definitely asked out. It’s not a big deal. He’s an older dog. 

Edit nm the video was already posted lol

It’s a minor point, but I’m not sure from that video that she wasn’t happy with Rochester or didn’t understand how things worked.

She probably has a bunch of people on her socials who are not “hockey people” and don’t know how it works.  Objectively, compared to “normal” jobs it is pretty crazy, or “insane” as I think she says.

Personally, I don’t get people who put tons of their life out on social media, but lots of people do, and getting shuffled between the NHL/AHL is definitely a big deal for a player and their family, especially with a new baby, which I believe they have.  I don’t think anyone would like it, even if they understood that it was as part of the deal.

I didn’t really think she said anything outrageous, out of line, or worthy of scorn.

I wouldn’t blame anyone if they decided to take, say, a 2 year, $650k per deal in the Swiss League with the higher degree of certainty that comes with that.  As opposed to getting shuffled around and going on long overnights get bus rides in the AHL.  That might be better for the family.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

I didn’t really think she said anything outrageous, out of line, or worthy of scorn.

I wouldn’t blame anyone if they decided to take, say, a 2 year, $650k per deal in the Swiss League with the higher degree of certainty that comes with that.  As opposed to getting shuffled around and going on long overnights get bus rides in the AHL.  That might be better for the family.

Me neither, that’s why i was hesitant to post it, fearing potential reaction. But it’s already up. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Curt said:

Oh, absolutely. The AHL is frankly for young single dudes that don't have responsibility. Plus the pay in the other leagues is a bunch higher than the AHL.

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Is Sheahan a better option that Krebs for winning right now?  I haven't seen anything out of Sheahan to indicate he's the difference that when replacing Krebs will win games for the Sabres.  He's.  Just.  Not.  That.  Good.  At this point I'd rather see Cody Eakin over Riley Sheahan.

Honestly I didn't see enough of Shehands to know if he's better. I just know that Krebs hasn't been very good and he should be sent down and somebody should replace him. I guess that's Jost right now. Balcers would have been better. idk why they signed SheRa. I really don't. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Honestly I didn't see enough of Shehands to know if he's better. I just know that Krebs hasn't been very good and he should be sent down and somebody should replace him. I guess that's Jost right now. Balcers would have been better. idk why they signed SheRa. I really don't. 

Come On Wtf GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Dude, what are we gonna do with all that cap space?

Also, his wife wasn't pleased about the AHL back at the beginning of the month.

Damn you Doohickie lol you’ve just extended the life of this Sheahan thread by at least 8 pages by including the wifes sorry mug.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.