Are The Sabres A Dark Horse Contender for Jakob Chychrun?

Brawndo

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I would trade any player in the organization for the right return that improves the team in the short and long term. No exceptions.

That said, the deal that makes sense to move, say, Dahlin won't happen because nobody would offer what it would take to legitimately pry him away.

27 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So Tuch for example is off the table for you. Not just functionally, but literally? Anyone calls on Tuch it’s an immediate hang up? Robertson for JJ: “no thanks”? 

For me personally or for KA? Tuch is the poster child for someone who wants to be here.  Robertson; Dallas isn’t trading Robertson for any price.  As to JJP, I view him as a potential pt a game player once he physically matures or sooner.  He’s our Point or Aho.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That said, the deal that makes sense to move, say, Dahlin won't happen because nobody would offer what it would take to legitimately pry him away.

Well, yea, I mean there is logical, realistic, and possible.

And then there is EA Sports GM for a day fantasy junk. 😂

Like … um ok so say Oilers want Dahlin, Quinn, Tuch and two 1st round picks for McDavid. I would do that derp derp 😂

On 11/27/2022 at 9:07 PM, Contempt said:

This is what would give me significant pause. He hurts his knee, now suddenly they are willing to deal him away even though he has 2 more years left at a very reasonable number? That sounds very sketchy to me.

Pretty sure he was on the block last season before his injury.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

So, functional, not literal. got it 

There is no one literally that can’t be traded.  Even Wayne Gretzky got traded, but KA now has core group that he will invest in of Dahlin, Samuelsson, Power on defense, Skinner, Tuch, TnT, Cozens, Quinn and JJP at forward.  

Now he has to decide how to make the rest of the roster competitive especially in goal.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Berg said:

Prosportsdaily writes that we are interested in a defenseman from Arizona.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/Article/761227

Jacob Chychrun.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jakob-chychrun 

What are your thoughts on this?

That there's a 7 page thread on this same subject about 5 posts downpage.  😉

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like this board would quickly turn on him:

”As far as weaknesses, Chychrun is turnover-prone, though that can happen when a player handles the puck as much as he does. Last season, Chychrun committed turnovers on 16.2 per cent of his total touches, tied for 186th out of 223 qualified defencemen (min. 500 minutes).”

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Sounds like this board would quickly turn on him:

”As far as weaknesses, Chychrun is turnover-prone, though that can happen when a player handles the puck as much as he does. Last season, Chychrun committed turnovers on 16.2 per cent of his total touches, tied for 186th out of 223 qualified defencemen (min. 500 minutes).”

Could we get numbers for high end, average, and low end D.

I'm posing a question because I haven't seen Chychrun play that much: Wouldn't it better for the Sabres to pursue a second to third pairing defenseman who is more defensive than offensive oriented? It would cost less in assets in a trade and it would better round out the blue line unit.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

Just now, JohnC said:

I'm posing a question because I haven't seen Chychrun play that much: Wouldn't it better for the Sabres to pursue a second to third pairing defenseman who is more defensive than offensive oriented? It would cost less in assets in a trade and it would better round out the blue line unit.

This is what I think.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How you feel about this trade being proposed by Yotes fans?

I have no idea who Karel is, but it's too much to pay.  Mitts or VO, RJ and a 2nd.  Not trading our first in 2023 or 2024 just in case.  I am not sure Jakob is the answer for the Sabres either, but he might only be here a relatively short while.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.