Trade targets

sweetlou

Sabres still need to mix things up and add a good center who can win face-offs and more players with a bit of grit.

Bo Hovart is the center who KA should target.  Sabres have plenty of prospects and picks to make trade happen. 

Timo Meier, 1st and prospect should get him.  Similar to Fiala trade from Wild to Kings.

Sam Bennett or Anthony DuClair,  Panthers need to shed $3mil in cap space order to bring DuClair off of LTIR.

Max Comtois, physical 3rd line LW. 

Simon Benoit, defenseman from Ducks.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3779431

Edited by sweetlou
y

Why would you trade for a few months of Horvat? He's a free agent next year. Sign him then sure (although I doubt very much he'd want to come to Buffalo) but he's going to a top contender at the deadline not a playoff longshot. 

I doubt very much we make ANY significant trades this year unless that's moving Kyle or Zemgus out at the deadline. MAYBE we take on a salary for somebody but I doubt that too given how bargain basement we seem to be these days. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Why would you trade for a few months of Horvat? He's a free agent next year. Sign him then sure (although I doubt very much he'd want to come to Buffalo) but he's going to a top contender at the deadline not a playoff longshot. 

I doubt very much we make ANY significant trades this year unless that's moving Kyle or Zemgus out at the deadline. MAYBE we take on a salary for somebody but I doubt that too given how bargain basement we seem to be these days. 

Agree that they won't make any trades this season.  Would not be at all surprised if Adams enters the trade market this offseason, but not expecting it at all during this season.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd hate to get rid of two veteran players, one who is a Captain and the other one who is a heart and soul player that sets a damn good example for the young players. Kyle, Zemgus and Jost make for a pretty nice 4th line. They didn't score (which is not their primary focus) but they spent a lot of time in the Devil's end last night. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, grinreaper said:

I'd hate to get rid of two veteran players, one who is a Captain and the other one who is a heart and soul player that sets a damn good example for the young players. Kyle, Zemgus and Jost make for a pretty nice 4th line. They didn't score (which is not their primary focus) but they spent a lot of time in the Devil's end last night. 

They are both pending UFAs. See what the interest around the league as the TDL approaches and ask them what they would like to do and what their future plans are, if they are interested in playing for a contender make the move.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

They are both pending UFAs. See what the interest around the league as the TDL approaches and ask them what they would like to do and what their future plans are, if they are interested in playing for a contender make the move.

I wouldn't want any players who would rather play for another team. Seems to me Kevin Adams thinks that way too. 

• Agree 1

Highly doubtful they make any impact moves from outside. Maybe they pick up a veteran salary dump for a pick/prospect, but it's more likely they continue to scour the waiver wire and just give the younger guys more time and bigger roles to play out the year. There isn't going to be any push for a playoff spot or attempt to speed things up, they ha e given Adam's the go ahead to take the slow rebuild from within. This year is another development year.....

16 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

I wouldn't want any players who would rather play for another team. Seems to me Kevin Adams thinks that way too. 

That’s why  they would be moved at the TDL if they state they want to explore the UFA Market. 

Given the fact that the Okposo’s who stay in WNY all year are building a house in Minnesota, that one seems to be trending in a specific direction 

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Given the fact that the Okposo’s who stay in WNY all year are building a house in Minnesota, that one seems to be trending in a specific direction 

Interesting… Wait… Maybe it’s a big fishing cabin

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

That’s why  they would be moved at the TDL if they state they want to explore the UFA Market. 

I'm wondering if Kyle retires. He'll be 35 at seasons end and he's gotta know they next contract he gets will be way less and only 1yr or maybe 2. That means he's got the potential for waivers or to bounce around at deadlines. Maybe he says nah, and just calls it. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm wondering if Kyle retires. He'll be 35 at seasons end and he's gotta know they next contract he gets will be way less and only 1yr or maybe 2. That means he's got the potential for waivers or to bounce around at deadlines. Maybe he says nah, and just calls it. 

His Son Odin is an excellent hockey player himself. As much as WNY has improved its Youth Hockey Programs, Minnesota is still the Gold Standard, so I wonder if that figures into His Decision as well 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

His Son Odin is an excellent hockey player himself. As much as WNY has improved its Youth Hockey Programs, Minnesota is still the Gold Standard, so I wonder if that figures into His Decision as well 

I'm not sure who it was but didn't someone on this board say that he was having a house built in Minnesota where some family members still reside?

17 hours ago, grinreaper said:

You don't "get rid" of anything at the deadline, you move out UFAs for whatever you can get if you haven't re-signed them. Nothign stops you from bringing them back if you want them (or replacing them next year with other heart and soul examples as they are plentiful in that age bracket). 

If we'd moved Ullmark, and Skinner, and every other UFA we've ever had at the deadline we'd probably be a better team than we are now. It's just good business. 

16 hours ago, grinreaper said:

I guarantee you that maybe aside from Tuch and Skinner (the latter who would probably go to Toronto or Detroit for cheap if he was bought out) there isn't a single player who wouldn't rather play in another city if given the opportunity. Not saying they're necessarily wanting out, just that Buffalo isn't their dream destination . 

20 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You don't "get rid" of anything at the deadline, you move out UFAs for whatever you can get if you haven't re-signed them. Nothign stops you from bringing them back if you want them (or replacing them next year with other heart and soul examples as they are plentiful in that age bracket). 

If we'd moved Ullmark, and Skinner, and every other UFA we've ever had at the deadline we'd probably be a better team than we are now. It's just good business. 

Skinner has a NTC and wouldn't that indicate we are not trying to win?

So do you want us to surround the team with veterans and try to win or sell off all the UFAs whenever we are short of the playoffs and let the kids really struggle the last 2 months of the season? Which is it?

20 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I guarantee you that maybe aside from Tuch and Skinner (the latter who would probably go to Toronto or Detroit for cheap if he was bought out) there isn't a single player who wouldn't rather play in another city if given the opportunity. Not saying they're necessarily wanting out, just that Buffalo isn't their dream destination . 

You have no idea what motivates every player on the team.

I’ve made this point ad nauseum but everyone is motivated by their own values. There was a time that Wayne Gretzky and Alex Ovechkin dreamed of playing for the Sabres. Mario Williams came to the Bills because he saw a deer in Jim Kelly’s back yard. Buffalo’s proximity to Canada is a huge draw. Some people want to play close to home, some want to be as far away as possible. Athletes are no different than the rest of us. Believe it or not, some of us still reside in Western New York because we want to and don’t tell anyone, I actually know a few people that yearn to come back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, tom webster said:

You have no idea what motivates every player on the team.

I’ve made this point ad nauseum but everyone is motivated by their own values. There was a time that Wayne Gretzky and Alex Ovechkin dreamed of playing for the Sabres. Mario Williams came to the Bills because he saw a deer in Jim Kelly’s back yard. Buffalo’s proximity to Canada is a huge draw. Some people want to play close to home, some want to be as far away as possible. Athletes are no different than the rest of us. Believe it or not, some of us still reside in Western New York because we want to and don’t tell anyone, I actually know a few people that yearn to come back.

I can’t let these lies sit idle.  Mario came to Buffalo because he saw deers with an ‘s’ (his word, not mine 😀) in Jim’s backyard. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Its sad that anyone thinks will make a trade for help .

This organization will never trade high picks or prospects for players it just wont happen .

An injured Jack Eichel was traded for Alex Tuch and Peyton Krebs, so we did this last year. I guess we could argue it wasn't high picks (we shouldn't trade 1st round picks) and idk what prospect we should be trading for Simon Benoit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.