GDT: New Jervils at Buffalo, 11/25/22, 8pm, MSG, WGR.

Eleven

25 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Our family had a local business. They had 7 tickets -  3 golds and 4 orange.  I worked on Saturdays and got to sit in the orange.  

I sat in the orange several times. It was almost like climbing a ladder to go up near the top. Needed to pretty much look down between your legs to see the ice. Watched the best of 3 playoff game against St. Louis up there when we scored in OT to take the series. Up until then I had never heard a crowd get so loud. The Umberger game against the Flyers did finally beat it out as far as noise. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, matter2003 said:

Let me get this straight.

The Devil's went from 12 points worse than the Sabres last year to one of the best teams in the NHL overnight and the Sabres are still trying to figure it out after 12 years.

Am I missing something?

Your are missing our lack of competent management  

• Agree 1

Crowd not happy with the refs and linesmen tonight. 

Good game.  Nice effort.  We lost to a better team tonight.   We are not that far from them.  They have goalies and better veteran pieces, but our young core has more players and it may be better. 

Andy was good at times but we gotta get better goaltending.  That is crazy that he is their 3. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

A lot to like despite the loss. Loved Dahlins hit on Tatar. Power plays like a seasoned vet with so much patience under pressure. Anderson made some incredible saves and baled them out numerous times. I like Josts jam but pretty sure this guy will never be much of a goal scorer. The lack of offence in the first pretty much sunk them but they looked good in the second and third. On Jerseys side Ruff has these guys playing an exciting brand of hockey. My first game seeing the Devils and I’m impressed. 

Edited by bunomatic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Crowd not happy with the refs and linesmen tonight. 

Good game.  Nice effort.  We lidt to a better team tonight.   We are not that far from them.  The have goalies and better veteran pieces, but our young core is has more players it maybe better. 

Andy was good at times but we gotta get goaltending.  That is crazy that he is there 3. 

This team was 12!!! Points worse than the Sabres last year.

Now significantly better than us. Getting really frustrating to keep playing the waiting game with the Sabres.

When will this team actually turn the corner? How many 1st round draft picks do we need to add?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Now significantly better than us. Getting really frustrating to keep playing the waiting game with the Sabres.

When will this team actually turn the corner? How many 1st round draft picks do we need to add?

Try to forget about last year. It's new season and new page. 

• Agree 1

The difference in this game was 2 fold - the Sabres didn't have an answer for the Hischier line & the ref had an early whistle twice.

Granato was matching his D and for the most part matching lines.  This team still needs a bunch of pieces (which for the most part might already be in the system) to compete for the Stanley Cup.  But they really are only about 3-4 pieces from being a legit playoff team.  Fix the goaltending (and yes Anderson played well but he isn't stealing a game after October for them) and playoffs need to be the goal.  This team competed with one of the 3 best teams (at present) in the league.  Yes, they were outmatched early, but they weathered the storm and competed.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I am well aware of their turnaround.  

NJ has the basic blueprint  

Draft well and develop a strong young core.  Add goaltending.  Add solid veteran skill and leadership.  Add a proven NHL Coach.  

Edited by Pimlach

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The Devils are a year or whatever ahead of us in their development. I don't think they're playing as many rookies and they have a more experienced defense but we did pressure them pretty well. The Sabre's management changed their approach to a rebuild so even though it's frustrating they need to stay the course with this rebuild. The young players we have and those in our pipeline are going to give us a ton of talent for a long time. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Indabuff said:

Entertaining game.   F'n refs.

Last year I would have their games on but would be at my desk 30' away and doing something else at the same time. This year I'm mostly sitting in front of the TV and even sometimes on the edge of my seat. Yes, even through the recent losing streak I was way more entertained than last year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.