GDT: Saint Bluis at Buffalo, 11/23/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR.

Eleven

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I will say:  Our depth can handle the loss of Bryson more readily then the loss of Muel or Joki.  Looking forward to some Fitzgerald or even Clague.

Adams needs to find another top 4 defender

Edited by LGR4GM
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I will say:  Our depth can handle the loss of Bryson more readily then the loss of Muel or Joki.  Looking forward to some Fitzgerald or even Clague.

I’d imagine with the roster as currently constructed, our “no bueno” if we lose ‘Em players are: Dahlin, Thompson, and Samuelsson.

It’s possible Tuch is like that and Cozens is closing.

But, paradoxically, I think once more than a couple join that group...the group would then actually shrink or cease to exist: the more truly good players we have the better we’ll be able to withstand losing guys

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

I think Comrie has some things really going for him. He's got great movement and can anticipate plays. That's be swell if he could put it all together.

Based on the games I’ve watched, UPL has a better glove hand… Comrie gets beat on the glove side a lot

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Because losing Bryson isn't a loss.

I think Bryson is a good enough 6/7D.  The problem is that with the losses of Boosh, Muel and Joki he was having to play heavy top 4 minutes and that was simply too much to ask of him.  I had a higher opinion of him last year but at this point I think he's in JAG territory.

1 minute ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Here’s hoping there’s some “reversion to the mean” going on… Bruins lost two in a row, Devils streak snapped, Sabres two in a row after an 8 game skid…

I think the NJ game is HUGE.  If the Sabres win that game they may be on their way back to relevance.

• Like (+1) 1

Quinn looked Gretzky-esque on that second goal. 

Skinner. Two insane goals. 

what is it with this team. Are we just going to go on 5-6-7 game streaks all year, lol. 

The raw skill is there (and Skinner is on fire; that whole line is!); they do need some of that added physicality and intensity in close games. Gotta be able to be more physical and handle those tough games. But still feel positive for the future. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Prepare to be disappointed.  Pilut was typically playing w/ Lyubushkin before Bryson got bumped back down to the 3rd pairing.

That felt like a measuring stick game.  And the Sabres were more than the measure.  That one felt good.

I still don’t trust UPL.  There was something about his game that seemed more fortunate than anything.  Having UPL in net for more than a few games is scary to me.

1 hour ago, rickshaw said:

Samuelsson has played 7 games. He’s plus 10. Sabres are 6-1 in those games. We gave up 3 or more goals in 13 straight games, Samuelsson missed all 13 of those games. Last two games, 2 against in each. The kid is important.

Unreal 7 year deals for him and Tage.  Such big parts of the future locked up for reasonable money.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.