GDT: Saint Bluis at Buffalo, 11/23/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR.

Eleven

9 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

While the O'Reilly trade certainly was a good move for the Blues they have to be shaking their heads over how Tage has developed. I'm thinking the Sabres got more than they were expecting.

They are impressed, even happy for Tage. 

They got their first and  only Cup because of ROR.  They are ok with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

I don’t care what hardware he’s won. Tage is a superstar in the making, his ceiling is far and a way higher that O’Reilly. 

The trade helped the Blues win the Stanley Cup, they take that trade any day.

This is the perfect example of a trade benefiting both teams 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

The trade helped the Blues win the Stanley Cup, they take that trade any day.

This is the perfect example of a trade benefiting both teams 

Exactly, I would trade Savoie right now if it meant we were gonna win a cup, you know what I mean?

This team isn't ready for something like that though obviously, yet.

Edited by FanaticSense06

1 minute ago, grinreaper said:

I hope that sentiment is not indicative of all your opinions regarding the Sabres. Not only is he a sniper but the rest of his game seems to be rounding into shape. 

He's one of the only players I can get anything for to fix the glaring holes on the team and his timeline/contract status doesn't match their apparent timeline.  I have ZERO desire to pay Olofsson as a 30 goal scorer at age 28.  He's going to be looking for dollars AND term to essentially be Ales Kotalik.  No thanks.

It was just yesterday that half the board was calling for him to be benched because his play was so poor.

3 minutes ago, Contempt said:

He's one of the only players I can get anything for to fix the glaring holes on the team and his timeline/contract status doesn't match their apparent timeline.  I have ZERO desire to pay Olofsson as a 30 goal scorer at age 28.  He's going to be looking for dollars AND term to essentially be Ales Kotalik.  No thanks.

It was just yesterday that half the board was calling for him to be benched because his play was so poor.

I ask myself, can Kulich do everything Olofsson can by next season? Yes. Can he do me, also yes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.