Jack Quinn is on the verge of something awesome

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Im arguing against what you said. Jack Quick does not get knocked off pucks easily. 

I think that deflected off the defender and he was trying to shoot far side. Maybe it was a pass, hard to tell but here is the clip. 

Nah. He said himself “my bad” 

He’s clearly clearly aiming for the pass 

Goes between the defenders legs and he’s to the right of the goal lol 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Looks pretty solid to me. If anything he has a habit of too often going for the highlight reel play - that pass to no one yesterday was, without an ounce of hyperbole, one of the funniest/most terrible offensive decisions I’ve ever seen, considering how much space he had. He couldn’t have seen anyone there, no one was close. Clearly doesn’t need to worry about the fancy play as he has the skill to do what he did right after. 

if I had to pick which of our forwards is our best F in 5 years, I’d pick Quinn

If he is the Sabres best forward in 5 years, this team will win multiple cups. 

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

If he is the Sabres best forward in 5 years, this team will win multiple cups. 

In 5 years the line we currently live and die by will be the following, in human years:

36-31-32

I really like Quinn, him being our best F in 5 years isn’t something I think necessitates multiple cups. (Though, I’d certainly take it)

Do people actually think Skins Tage and Tuch are going to be ripping it up in their prime still as Quinn Peterka and Cozens are in theirs? No wonder no one factors in timeline. There will be / already is some overlap but we won’t be seeing the top line we are seeing this year, in 5 years. They aren’t cryogenically frozen 

Could easily be the most productive season any of the 3 have, this season. Or maybe not. But it’s not a possibility so small it can be dismissed.

id bet on it being Skinner’s, though 

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Is Tage 26? Yes I know I can just Google that, I'm just slightly dismayed at the fact 

For next season - turns in October. Depends how you want to count 5 years I guess. I simply counted 5 full years as that was what was in my OP, so after 5 more seasons yes, the ages I quoted are what the players will be for that upcoming year. It is that season, 5 years (and a summer) from now and that I guessed Quinn will be our best F

Edited by Thorny

• 2 weeks later...

When Quinn has his flashes you see a player that can be dominant. 

Quinn’s 2nd year in the OHL and 2nd year in the AHL is when he exploded. Watching him play right now it looks like that trend will continue. 

A little more strength and a little more confidence and he is going to do some damage in this league. He already has built in chemistry with both JJ and Cozens.

Yes those Quinn draft threads are amusing. People got so caught up in the centre be it Rossi or Lundell. At the end of the day I think Quinn has more upside then both.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Please let us all remember this thread when the Sabres are picking 15th in June and the thread blows up because the Sabres are morons for not picking 'their guy'.

I think the difference is now we have some level of trust those in charge will select the right player.   We've been conditioned to scrutinize picks due to previous regime's incompetence. 

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

When Quinn has his flashes you see a player that can be dominant. 

Quinn’s 2nd year in the OHL and 2nd year in the AHL is when he exploded. Watching him play right now it looks like that trend will continue. 

A little more strength and a little more confidence and he is going to do some damage in this league. He already has built in chemistry with both JJ and Cozens.

Yes those Quinn draft threads are amusing. People got so caught up in the centre be it Rossi or Lundell. At the end of the day I think Quinn has more upside then both.

Speaking of Lundell hes been so bad this year 

27 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Speaking of Lundell hes been so bad this year 

His differential in plus minus this season is insanely a net of minus 36. Was plus 33 last year, minus 3 this year. 44 points as a rookie last season. 28 right now. Lundell is going to be great, sophomore slump be dammed, but to your point there’s definitely something weird going on with Florida this year, aside from Tkachuk’s production apparently. Oh and Montour. They seemed to be putting it together a bit but you really have to wonder about the coaching change imo

I blame Maurice 

Wasn’t very good here in winnipeg towards the end either 

Edited by Thorny

30 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

😍😍😍

Do points really scale with ice time, in the regime where players typically vary? I'm skeptical, especially when we see gaps like 0.07 point differences lol

I guess I'd just be more interested in looking at a typical stat line, GP G A 

Edited by Randall Flagg

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Do points really scale with ice time, in the regime where players typically vary? I'm skeptical, especially when we see gaps like 0.07 point differences lol

I guess I'd just be more interested in looking at a typical stat line, GP G A 

My takeaway here is that Quinn is comparing favorably to Beniers, who is the Calder trophy favorite.

Beniers is playing first line minutes with a near 40 goal scorer (McCann) and Jordan Eberle (will score 20 goals and is a plus player).  Matty also is on PP1.

Putting his points total next to Quinn (who sometimes rotates in on PP2 and has Peterka—who I like long term—not giving Quinn much help) isn’t really telling the story. 

I do not understand a lot of fancy stats, but if my rookie is on the same plane as the rookie of the year at even strength points per 60 minutes….me likey. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I admit I wanted Rossi, due to position. I wasn’t upset with the pick, I had seen both play a lot in the OHL.

Lundell was advertised as Barkov light. Solid two way C with a limited scoring ceiling. Looks like that was a decent description.

13 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I admit I wanted Rossi, due to position. I wasn’t upset with the pick, I had seen both play a lot in the OHL.

Lundell was advertised as Barkov light. Solid two way C with a limited scoring ceiling. Looks like that was a decent description.

Any time a rookie puts up 40+ (as Quinn may do exactly this year) I think they have some untapped numbers potential down the line 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.