Jack Quinn is on the verge of something awesome

LGR4GM

The short version is that we are going to see a massive regression (upwards) in Quinn's sh% at some point and I think due to the chances he is generating that will be soon. Also, he is keeping the other team from producing offense while also creating lots of offense for himself and his linemates. If JJP and Cozens start cashing some of his feeds, the points will come in bushels. 

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

He stood out last night. As if he were on the verge of a break out 

I’ve noticed his good play despite the lack of results.  The charts always throw me for a loop as they are not intuitive.  Purple mean good and red means bad, meanwhile other charts I look at red is good, blue is bad.  Can we just settle on what our positive and negative colors are?  What happened to green = good, red = bad? What I’m saying is, I’m dumb.  I need things easily deciphered with pictures and colors. Requiring me to read a vertical 4 font typed along each axis of the graphs is more work than I signed up for.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I’ve noticed his good play despite the lack of results.  The charts always throw me for a loop as they are not intuitive.  Purple mean good and red means bad, meanwhile other charts I look at red is good, blue is bad.  Can we just settle on what our positive and negative colors are?  What happened to green = good, red = bad? What I’m saying is, I’m dumb.  I need things easily deciphered with pictures and colors. Requiring me to read a vertical 4 font typed along each axis of the graphs is more work than I signed up for.  

No, I don't get those graphs either

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

No, I don't get those graphs either

The 5v5 offence and defense chart is showing shot attempts. Therefore on offense you want more red because it shows the places shots are happening. On defense you want blue because he shows shots not happening in those areas. 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The short version is that we are going to see a massive regression (upwards) in Quinn's sh% at some point and I think due to the chances he is generating that will be soon. Also, he is keeping the other team from producing offense while also creating lots of offense for himself and his linemates. If JJP and Cozens start cashing some of his feeds, the points will come in bushels. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The 5v5 offence and defense chart is showing shot attempts. Therefore on offense you want more red because it shows the places shots are happening. On defense you want blue because he shows shots not happening in those areas. 

Ok,  I get it now.  Red is good in the offensive zone.   Blue is good in the defensive zone.  

In my 40 years of Aerospace and Defense:    Green is always good, Yellow is caution (risk mitigation needed), Red is bad (issue resolution needed).  The USG would sometimes use Blue and Purple to grade us (scores better than green)  but our company kept it simple.  Green is good and you don't get paid extra to far exceed the specs or schedules - in fact you can drive operating costs upward if you do that too much, which pisses off the customers and the shareholders.  

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

JJP - Cozens - Quinn should never be broken up for the rest of the year.

Just remember that when people complain about Cozens G-A-Pts productivity, fancy stats aside.  So far, playing with two rookies has not helped his development on the scoring stat sheet.   They put a lot on him.  

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Just remember that when people complain about Cozens G-A-Pts productivity, fancy stats aside.  So far, playing with two rookies has not helped his development on the scoring stat sheet.   They put a lot on him.  

Cozens has seen a big jump in production over previous seasons.  He had 38 points last season and currently is on pace for 60.  Who is complaining about that?

His raw numbers are improving, not being stifled.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I agree, at some point this season (hopefully soon), Quinn-Cozens-Peterka are going to go on a heater.

Hopefully it happens early enough to put them in the playoff race at the finish line.

The top line (I know they haven't played together every game), has 30 of their 69 goals. When this young gun line starts shooting straight, they will be a dangerous team.  I also expect the GA will come down a bit, now that the defense is back to full strength.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Curt said:

Cozens has seen a big jump in production over previous seasons.  He had 38 points last season and currently is on pace for 60.  Who is complaining about that?

His raw numbers are improving, not being stifled.

I am saying IF it happens.  I read complaints about him almost daily right here on this forum.  His hands and scoring skills were recently questioned by several.  

I am a Cozens supporter.  

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

JJP - Cozens - Quinn should never be broken up for the rest of the year.

Agreed. 

Reminds me a bit of the RAV line, where they generated plenty of offense at a young age... partly because they're not facing top defenders. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I am saying IF it happens.  I read complaints about him almost daily right here on this forum.  His hands and scoring skills were recently questioned by several.  

I am a Cozens supporter.  

I don’t think playing with Quinn and Peterka will cause Cozens’ production to drop (I hasn’t yet).

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Smaller players take longer to find their place.  They can be smart, just don’t dominate until they figure out how to use those smarts to their advantage. He needs time. Unlike Krebs, he’s showing that time should be in the NHL where he is all positives despite not producing. 

Isn’t this just the opposite of true? Isn’t it usually the case that bigger players take longer, as they still have to grow into their bodies? Or at least isn’t that the usual trope?

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, PickaPecaPickles said:

Hopefully it happens early enough to put them in the playoff race at the finish line.

The top line (I know they haven't played together every game), has 30 of their 69 goals. When this young gun line starts shooting straight, they will be a dangerous team.  I also expect the GA will come down a bit, now that the defense is back to full strength.

You appear to have more faith in UPL than many of the rest of us have.

Really hoping for an early Christmas present with Comrie coming back after the homestand.

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Ok,  I get it now.  Red is good in the offensive zone.   Blue is good in the defensive zone.  

In my 40 years of Aerospace and Defense:    Green is always good, Yellow is caution (risk mitigation needed), Red is bad (issue resolution needed).  The USG would sometimes use Blue and Purple to grade us (scores better than green)  but our company kept it simple.  Green is good and you don't get paid extra to far exceed the specs or schedules - in fact you can drive operating costs upward if you do that too much, which pisses off the customers and the shareholders.  

I got a simpler and non-analytical approach to evaluating players and their play: Trust your eyes! When the numbers come in they usually reflect what you see. 

12 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Smaller players take longer to find their place.  They can be smart, just don’t dominate until they figure out how to use those smarts to their advantage. He needs time. Unlike Krebs, he’s showing that time should be in the NHL where he is all positives despite not producing. 

Smaller players?  Who are we talking about here?  

Quinn is 6'1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.