GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadians 11/22/22--MSG and Radio

bob_sauve28

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

New guy gets our first fight on his first shift. Didn't see that coming.

Dahlin plays bigger with Samuelsson out there. 

They really needed this. REALLY needed this. Hopefully it keeps going. St. Louis will be tougher. 

Especially w/ 1 hand tied behind their backs.  (UPL)

Here's to those R&B Goatheads being EXTREMELY motivating.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

What a great job on the PK tonight.  Amazing how much of a difference playing aggressively makes.

PP was aggressive too.  And actually scored AND looked legit.

Would really like to hear what they did differently heading into tonight in preparation.  (And the followup - wtf did you wait until game 19 to do that?)

Moving Cozens to the Top PP Unit has been huge for them. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

If Levi and Portillo can't handle competition, I don't want them anyways. 

That said, Levi is probably getting games in Buffalo at the end of the season. 

I get the impression Levi thrives on competition; seeks it out, actually. I don’t get that feeling with Portillo at all.

Edited by K-9

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Overall how was Jost? Little bit I saw he seemed feisty.

He was noticeable for the feist he brought.  First Sabres fighting major of the year.  Good, not perfect penalty killer.  I think as he gets more experience with a kill partner he will be even better.  Not anything more than a 4th liner, but a good 4th liner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

He was noticeable for the feist he brought.  First Sabres fighting major of the year.  Good, not perfect penalty killer.  I think as he gets more experience with a kill partner he will be even better.  Not anything more than a 4th liner, but a good 4th liner.

Compared to Asplund, who would you put in the fourth line?

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

What a great job on the PK tonight.  Amazing how much of a difference playing aggressively makes.

PP was aggressive too.  And actually scored AND looked legit.

Would really like to hear what they did differently heading into tonight in preparation.  (And the followup - wtf did you wait until game 19 to do that?)

That is what we all want to see. Sharp agressive  play and will to win. Nice game and respect to the guys!💪😎

• Like (+1) 1

A tale of two games.

Sabres jumped all over the Habs in the first few minutes.  I know the announcers were taking some flak on this thread, but after those first few minutes I saw what they saw, a Sabres team on their heels and struggling badly with Montreals forecheck.  Fortunately for us, Montreal couldn’t cash in their best chances.

Im not sure what happened in the 3rd. I missed the whole period.  But it sounded like they had a similar start to the 1st and it was all over but the crying afterward.

Mule…… Gawd I love him on this roster.

9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

How much in AAV per year was saved by signing Tage when they did?

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

44 minutes ago, Weave said:

A tale of two games.

Sabres jumped all over the Habs in the first few minutes.  I know the announcers were taking some flak on this thread, but after those first few minutes I saw what they saw, a Sabres team on their heels and struggling badly with Montreals forecheck.  Fortunately for us, Montreal couldn’t cash in their best chances.

Im not sure what happened in the 3rd. I missed the whole period.  But it sounded like they had a similar start to the 1st and it was all over but the crying afterward.

I watched a different game. The 3rd was all Buffalo for what it's worth. 

9 hours ago, LTS said:

I don't think it's quite this though. There's competition and then there's giving yourself the best opportunity to have a CHANCE to succeed in your career. I think we've all seen plenty of examples where the high-priced acquisition wins out over the unproven rookie, sophomore, etc. because of the money being paid.

I sure hope Levi is getting games in Buffalo. Hell, it would be great if both signed.. but until either of them sign they are not locked into anything. I see it no different than the UFA situation.. the closer you get to the deadline the less risk there is of waiting to see what happens.

Levi isn't playing another year in college. He'll sign.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Weave said:

A tale of two games.

Per Natural Stat Trick the Sabres were the better team in the First and Second Periods and even with score effects it was still 11-11 in shot attempts for the third. 

And Samuelson was certainly missed in the lineup

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Moving Cozens to the Top PP Unit has been huge for them. 

He definitely has helped.  But he's been there before this game.  Even with that PP scoring reasonably it hasn't "looked" right and when they've scored it has seemed to be due to individual effort, not a unit working cohesively.  Both units looked different last night.  They passed the puck up ice to bring it into the zone, rather than using the drop pass.  The net front skater was switching up with either guy set up on the boards.  The puck movement wasn't strictly from Dahlin/Power to the boards & back.  At least 3 guys & often 4 were moving which forced the box to move & lanes opened.

And Cozens (in all 3 phases) & his whole line had a great game last night.

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He definitely has helped.  But he's been there before this game.  Even with that PP scoring reasonably it hasn't "looked" right and when they've scored it has seemed to be due to individual effort, not a unit working cohesively.  Both units looked different last night.  They passed the puck up ice to bring it into the zone, rather than using the drop pass.  The net front skater was switching up with either guy set up on the boards.  The puck movement wasn't strictly from Dahlin/Power to the boards & back.  At least 3 guys & often 4 were moving which forced the box to move & lanes opened.

And Cozens (in all 3 phases) & his whole line had a great game last night.

He was moved there Saturday against Toronto 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.