Why is it Different This Time?

SwampD

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Dahlin's next contract will be 8 years $100MM(+), unless he gives a huge home team discount.  Strangely enough he is worth it as far as the NHL goes.

I hope he takes $10M AAV, but that is more a hope than a logical prediction.

By the end of the season, he will almost certainly have proven that he is worth more.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

The Sabres need a long-term partner for Power.  I think the rest can fill in for #5 - #7 for now and see who develops and who is drafted for long-term bottom pairings on D.

It's critical that either Levi or UPL (most likely Levi) develops into a true #1 G.

A few tweeks on the bottom 6 F and the Sabres will be set to compete for years and hopefully get another chance at a cup and not just cusps.

The LT #4 is likely in the system (the broad 50 contract one, not necessarily in Buffalo or Ra-cha-cha), in 1 form or another.  Whether it be Jokiharju improving as he hits his prime, Johnson, Sanheim Lindgren or 1 of the Russians, or some F players/prospects that go out the door for him.  Don't see Adams going FA for the LT answer there, but very well might go that route for the ST answer.  Still expect the ST answer to come via FA like Lyubushkin did.

Edited by Taro T
Brain fart
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The LT #4 is likely in the system (the broad 50 contract one, not necessarily in Buffalo or Ra-cha-cha), in 1 form or another.  Whether it be Jokiharju improving as he hits his prime, Johnson, Sanheim or 1 of the Russians, or some F players/prospects that go out the door for him.  Don't see Adams going FA for the LT answer there, but very well might go that route for the ST answer.  Still expect the ST answer to come via FA like Lyubushkin did.

Who is Sanheim?

4 hours ago, Curt said:

I hope he takes $10M AAV, but that is more a hope than a logical prediction.

By the end of the season, he will almost certainly have proven that he is worth more.

I'm hoping he takes 9 mil x8 but that's more ridiculous each game. My hope is they get power at 8x6 and Dahlin at 8x10

18 hours ago, dudacek said:

Here’s an interesting statistic from this year, not sure what to make of it.

The Sabres currently have the:

#1 highest-scoring NHL players from the 2018 and 2016 drafts

#5 highest-scoring NHL players from the 2021, 2020 and 2019 drafts.

That’s a top 5 producer from 5 of the past 6 drafts and 2 of those players are defencemen.

That we owe JB *somewhat* of an apology, or at least an acknowledgement, in the sense he accounted for 3 of those guys, and the two #1s. 

8 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Dahlin's next contract will be 8 years $100MM(+), unless he gives a huge home team discount.  Strangely enough he is worth it as far as the NHL goes.

Take the amount we cost ourselves with Dahlin, and the amount we are saving with the great idea to get Thomson signed LT, and call it a write off for contract management. 

Thet’s not to say we are at break even for contract value there, though - one will be appropriately paid and one underpaid. 

Good stuff 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.