When is the next win?

John Tucker

Not that it really matters anymore, season's in the toilet already.  No significant moves will be made.  Lets be honest, Tyson Jost is the most significant roster change we'll see all year and that is simply to assist with the Rochester roster.  When does this AHL roster win next?  I vote December 7 @ Columbus.  15 game losing streak.

Edited by John Tucker
because the Sabres franchise is pathetic

Already told you. 

The friends we’ve made along the way is the win 

just like how in Simpsons the true “cabin” is created through their camaraderie and teamwork. 

actually, no, they said there’d be sandwiches..

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

This explains how, not when.

But, I'll throw a month and year out there......Feb. 2023. And, as sad as it sounds, it's not humor, I'm actually serious.

They SHOULD beat Moe-ray-all, especially if Samuelsson & Anderson are in.

Muel will give a huge boost to the morale & Andy will find a way to bring his A+ game because they need it desperately.  If somehow Okposo is back too, it should be a given that one's a W.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

They SHOULD beat Moe-ray-all, especially if Samuelsson & Anderson are in.

Muel will give a huge boost to the morale & Andy will find a way to bring his A+ game because they need it desperately.  If somehow Okposo is back too, it should be a given that one's a W.

I believe a majority of the roster is completely demoralized by the losing streak. I don't believe they have the ability to pull themselves out of it, and I'm basing my opinion on the current problems, mainly their inability to correct sloppy and/or poor passing, inability to control play via strength along the boards, defensive lapses, both in the opponents zone as well as their consistency in collapsing defense as the opponent crosses the blue line in to our end, they have no one, not one player, that stands up the opponent as they enter.

I believe these aren't mental mistakes entirely, I'm pointing my finger directly at the entire coaching staff, they have failed, it doesn't matter how it's cut and sliced, if the problems haven't even shown a whiff of improvement in to a 10 game skid, coaching staff must own that, period.

In short, I have no faith they have what it takes to right the ship. This has been a season after seadon after season theme, with no signs of correction.

As far as the 'season being in the toilet'....

A lot can change and it IS early, but right now the last wildcard spot in the east is looking/projecting to be 95 points.  For the Sabres to beat that (96 points total for the season), they need to play at a 105 point pace from now for the rest of the year.

Its not impossible, just they need to turn things around now.

Edited by mjd1001

34 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I believe a majority of the roster is completely demoralized by the losing streak. I don't believe they have the ability to pull themselves out of it, and I'm basing my opinion on the current problems, mainly their inability to correct sloppy and/or poor passing, inability to control play via strength along the boards, defensive lapses, both in the opponents zone as well as their consistency in collapsing defense as the opponent crosses the blue line in to our end, they have no one, not one player, that stands up the opponent as they enter.

I believe these aren't mental mistakes entirely, I'm pointing my finger directly at the entire coaching staff, they have failed, it doesn't matter how it's cut and sliced, if the problems haven't even shown a whiff of improvement in to a 10 game skid, coaching staff must own that, period.

In short, I have no faith they have what it takes to right the ship. This has been a season after seadon after season theme, with no signs of correction.

Don't know that "completely" is a fair nor accurate adjective but agree w/ the general sentiment.  Which is why getting Samuelsson back likely will coincide with ending this streak.  Losing him resulted in their 1st (& onlly prior to the AZ game) bad game. It shook them.  Getting him back will be a boost.

• Like (+1) 1

Lyubushkin is playing hurt.  Jokiharu is a 3rd pairing D-man on the second pair.  None of Bryson, Fitzgerald, or Clague is a true NHL defencemen.  The Dahlin-Power pairing has negative chemistry.

Until that is fixed, they may not win.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Don't know that "completely" is a fair nor accurate adjective but agree w/ the general sentiment.  Which is why getting Samuelsson back likely will coincide with ending this streak.  Losing him resulted in their 1st (& onlly prior to the AZ game) bad game. It shook them.  Getting him back will be a boost.

While I don't think Samuelsson has the ability to truly elevate this team substantially on his own, I do think there's merit to the "boost" you speak of upon his return. It should have an alchemic affect on the team for a few games 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.