Sabres Claim Tyson Jost Off Waivers; Bjork back to Rochester

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Not sure the exact date when Tyson Casey Victor became a thing, but since Christmas they rank 1-2-3 on the team in puck possession, each with a shot attempt percentage of between 58 and 59 %

Considering how Casey and Victor were getting crucified for what they were doing previously on that metric, that’s remarkable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks (+1) 5

The 7s line has been their best all-around line the last week or so. The Kids needed a reset, the Tage line has struggled against good defensive pressure, and the Krebs and the vets line has been dismantled by roster moves/injuries. If the 7s continue to provide good forechecking, continued competence in their own zone, and a goal every other game at even strength, then that RFA deal for Jost could get pricey (and also worth it).

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Not sure the exact date when Tyson Casey Victor became a thing, but since Christmas they rank 1-2-3 on the team in puck possession, each with a shot attempt percentage of between 58 and 59 %

Considering how Casey and Victor were getting crucified for what they were doing previously on that metric, that’s remarkable.

That matches up w/ the eye test.  They'd had decent moments on the road trip prior to Christmas (the couple of games where Mittelstadt filled in for Skinner & then the Vegas game), but the Detroit game was their coming out party.

(Not sure ottomh when the 3 became a line.  It was ~ the home Colorado game but not positive exactly when he & Krebs flipped lines.)

And it was the NJ game 4 games earlier that saw Mitts & VO go from 2nd line usage to 3rd (or 4th briefly by ice time).

• Like (+1) 1

My son likes to list Jost as one of his favorite Sabres now...

it's moves like that that give me hope for this team... anyone can nail the "big fish" move... but the chemistry of the team moves are harder and it appears Jost was the right kind of move.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Lots of crying about this pick up, so let's see how our new d-man does in games before we call the trade a flop. 

KA knows what he is doing 

That's pretty obnoxious. 

Also no. I don't have to have blind faith in an NHL general manager because he hasn't royally f-d up like his predecessors. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Sabres only got to where they are this year by dumb luck, right?

You are deliberately conflating two things into one because you want to and you feel the need to defend the organization. I can respect that Kevyn Adams has done a good job as GM while also not blindly looking at any move he makes, shoving my thumb up my ass, and acting like everything he touches and does is golden. 

Just an asinine response from you @PromoTheRobot

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You are deliberately conflating two things into one because you want to and you feel the need to defend the organization. I can respect that Kevyn Adams has done a good job as GM while also not blindly looking at any move he makes, shoving my thumb up my ass, and acting like everything he touches and does is golden. 

Just an asinine response from you @PromoTheRobot

I would have thought this season would have made fans happy. Apparently not. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I would have thought this season would have made fans happy. Apparently not. 

Again, this is deliberately using another strawman. I didn't say I wasn't happy. I didn't say anything about this season. I said we should still view moves the GM makes through a critical lens and not blindly follow him like a bunch of lemmings. Sorry if that doesn't work for you. I won't stop questioning questionable moves because you think I should worship at the alter of Kevyn Adams and the Buffalo Sabres. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Lots of crying about this pick up, so let's see how our new d-man does in games before we call the trade a flop. 

KA knows what he is doing 

There is already a thread about the Stillman trade.  We don’t need to discuss it in a necro’d thread about the Jost waiver pick up.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You accused everyone who didn't agree with you of crying. Maybe you need to chill out? 

harry potter GIF

Wrong. 

I merely pointed out people cried about the Jost pick up, but now we love him. 

Perhaps if allow time to provide us with great perspective our wisdom will grow and our opinions will be based more on actual analysis of his play. 🙂

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

Wrong. 

I merely pointed out people cried about the Jost pick up, but now we love him. 

Perhaps if allow time to provide us with great perspective our wisdom will grow and our opinions will be based more on actual analysis of his play. 🙂

Lol, no you said "Lots of crying". 

To the bolded, the analysis of Stillman is literally based on his previous play. So... swing and a miss. Strike 2!

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

Oh brother. No, I'll choose what I post and where. 

You really should go fly a kite 

I disagree.  It a matter of practicality.

We try to discuss topics in the threads that are made for them.  If this is ignored, it makes the message board pretty difficult to use.

If you continue to discuss it in here, a moderator will come along and tell you the same thing, or they will simply lock this thread without explanation.

It seems like you came to this thread simply to stir up negative reactions.  Perhaps flying a kite yourself would improve your mood?

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Wow, chill out dude. Didn't mean to strike a cord there, let's just watch the guy play before we label a trade a failure. 

I basically said that in the Stillman thread.   What you are trying to say is, look Jost is pretty good, maybe Stillman will be too, so trust Adams.  

I will watch him play and we will see.  Not gonna trust Adams or blast Adams until we see what else he is up to and how this guy plays.  

Still, if this is Adams' move to shore up the defense it is pretty benign, to say the least.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.