Sabres Claim Tyson Jost Off Waivers; Bjork back to Rochester

Brawndo

42 minutes ago, inkman said:

Fairly head scratching considering what we’ve witnessed with the D. The roster was begging for an upgrade on D.  Several were available via waivers.  They pick up a JAG forward.  Idk.   

That's what puzzles me too.  

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

I agree with those online saying it only really makes sense if there’s a trade coming. Otherwise it’s another 12th/13th forward indistinguishable from our other fringe NHLers. 

Or maybe he called Kevyn and said he wanted to be here and there’s going to be a 20 min embedded Buffalo thing about it who knows 

Foligno coming back? That would be 2 ÷ 3.3 cap relief that mn needs. For one of our 2nd's?

14 hours ago, inkman said:

Fairly head scratching considering what we’ve witnessed with the D. The roster was begging for an upgrade on D.  Several were available via waivers.  They pick up a JAG forward.  Idk.   

Does Scarlett come with him?

naked scarlett johansson GIF

Damn you!

No but Michel Chais out of the Quebec ranks probably does.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Contempt said:

Does it matter?

No.

Based on the evidence, it looks like the plan was not only to develop Quinn, Krebs, Peterka, Power, and Cozens, but also Bryson and Fitzgerald.  Otherwise, GMKA would have picked up another defenceman in FA and picked up someone on waivers.

10 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

This guy got Bjork sent back down so it's a good move if for no other reason.

This guy is not the missing link to get the Sabres that damn cup, but he may have a little something to give the Sabres at this point.

I Dont Know Sandra Bullock GIF by Laff

We are spending to the cap, I tell ya! To the cap!

17 hours ago, Marvin said:

No.

Based on the evidence, it looks like the plan was not only to develop Quinn, Krebs, Peterka, Power, and Cozens, but also Bryson and Fitzgerald.  Otherwise, GMKA would have picked up another defenceman in FA and picked up someone on waivers.

So short guys have a steeper learning curve?  Cuz Bryson & Fitzgerald will both be closer to 30 than 20 at seasons end. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

So short guys have a steeper learning curve?  Cuz Bryson & Fitzgerald will both be closer to 30 than 20 at seasons end. 

No.  I thought they were younger but were developing more slowly, like Thompson or Mittlestadt.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

No.  I thought they were younger but were developing more slowly, like Thompson or Mittlestadt.

I think they are what they are, which is AHL defenseman.  The team certainly needs to address their D depth moving forward.  Right now it’s non-existent.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I think they are what they are, which is AHL defenseman.  The team certainly needs to address their D depth moving forward.  Right now it’s non-existent.  

Expect they will this offseason.  (Of course, thought they'd do more this offseason than just bring in Lyubushkin & wait until the 3rd (?) round to draft one.  Really hope they didn't consider bringing Pilut back as having brought in another top 4 guy.  That he went down to start the year says they didn't, but not bringing any other legit NHLer says they might've.)

And IMHO they are like Ruhwedel.  Adequate NHLers if the top 2 pairings are legit; legitimately bad if they aren't.  And there are way more of those guys than there are NHL jobs available.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.