Sabres Claim Tyson Jost Off Waivers; Bjork back to Rochester

Brawndo

I agree with those online saying it only really makes sense if there’s a trade coming. Otherwise it’s another 12th/13th forward indistinguishable from our other fringe NHLers. 

Or maybe he called Kevyn and said he wanted to be here and there’s going to be a 20 min embedded Buffalo thing about it who knows 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 5

Originally acquired last year for forward Nico Sturm from the Colorado Avalanche, Jost was an intriguing player coming into this season. The 10th-overall pick in the 2016 draft, ahead of players like Charlie McAvoy and Jakob Chychrun, Jost has stumbled out of the gate, tallying only three points in 12 games this season for the Wild.

Multiple times Jost has been a healthy scratch this season, and it’s hard to say it’s been anything but deserved. His poor offensive production and even worse defensive play have landed him in the doghouse for both head coach Dean Evason and the Wild’s management team.

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2022/11/18/23466659/minnesota-wild-place-tyson-jost-on-waivers-nhl

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I agree with those online saying it only really makes sense if there’s a trade coming. Otherwise it’s another 12th/13th forward indistinguishable from our other fringe NHLers. 

Or maybe he called Kevyn and said he wanted to be here and there’s going to be a 20 min embedded Buffalo thing about it who knows 

Malone got hurt last night.  Biro is hurt. Girgensons is hurt. C depth is quite bad right now, so looks like a needed move. 

Edited by Amerks8796
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I can see it now…..

Fade In: Kev’s Office at Habor Center.  (Kevyn Adams on the phone with Toronto - we hear them confirm their waiver claim was successful)

“We got ‘em”.  

• Haha (+1) 2

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Claim Tyson Jost Off Waivers; Bjork back to Rochester
22 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I liked this guy since his draft year. Weak showing so far this season but there is not much cost to this reclamation project.

I can't find it the report now but if I remember him as a potential top 10 pick in his draft year: good skater but lacking high end speed. Good stick handler but not a great shot.

Edited by mjd1001

28 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

I can see it now…..

Fade In: Kev’s Office at Habor Center.  (Kevyn Adams on the phone with Toronto - we hear them confirm their waiver claim was successful)

“We got ‘em”.  

Regardless of what happens with his tenure, and really with the Sabres in general, that moment will always have a very special place in my heart 

Truly very fond of it 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.