GDT: Sabres @ Maple Leafs, 11/19/22, MSG ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป, 7pm

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Slack_in_MA said:

How can an organization continue to draft, trade, employ psychologically weak people year in and year out, for years. It defies the law of averages.

Itโ€™s like a persistent disease that lingers year to year. Some of them do truly play to the bitter end but it just seems like some of those guys grow tired of dragging the others.

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Power needs to learn how to play defense. ย Forgot hitting anyone, it is a rarity for him to even engage the opponent when in the Sabres end. ย ย 
ย 

Just goes to show youโ€ฆsize doesnโ€™t matter. ย 

not being coached properly?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Power needs to learn how to play defense. ย Forgot hitting anyone, it is a rarity for him to even engage the opponent when in the Sabres end. ย ย 
ย 

19 year old kid playing versus men. Hopefully the physicality comes with more time. But with this kind of coaching I dunno...

ย 

NO ONE on this team hits, and I don't see Granato talking about them not hitting enough or anything like that.

• Like (+1) 1

If Iโ€™m Granato I tell them to get their ***** in gear and win this period; I want you all flying and if you donโ€™t then youโ€™ll sit. Hit every Leaf as often as you can and send a message. Keep pressing the offense and see if you can breakthrough. No more dancing, you go and plow through every Leaf in your way.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Well, I'll actually stop in and post unlike most nights when I just stop watching this team.

I'm done. I'm not going to give a damn about this team until they give a damn about themselves.

This team doesn't need a new coach, or more D, etc.ย  They need to actually play with an edge. Right now they are a bunch of young players who are playing with zero confidence trying to do anything to make something happen and only succeeding in making something happen for the other team.

I know people are fed up with losing who wouldn't be. But the options for the fan are to continue dealing with this or check out. If you are letting this team impact your mental well being then you should check out as much as you don't want to.

The team wasn't going to be all that great this season. I expected more heart however. That's not something a coach can change, that's on each player on the ice to step up and play like they give a damn.

Oh well.. for all those who can continue watching. Best of luck. I'll be at the Blues game because that was locked in before now... but no more visits to here or watching this team until they start playing like they care.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

ย 

Power is 19 and heโ€™s gonna be just fine. Heโ€™s being asked to do a lot more than they wanted. Dahlin took ages to get to this level. And heโ€™s still learning.ย 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, rickshaw said:

Power is 19 and heโ€™s gonna be just fine. Heโ€™s being asked to do a lot more than they wanted. Dahlin took ages to get to this level. And heโ€™s still learning.ย 

Coming within a foot of an opponent is not asking a lotโ€ฆeven for a 19 year old.ย 

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It's still the Leafs.

Down 3. It's not over.

But someone needs to explode. I say take a penalty on just an awful, illegal hit on someone early and see what happens. Trying to skate hasn't worked.

Won't help.ย  TO would score another PP goal and kill any momentum the hit might've generated.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.