Blizzards of 2022

GASabresIUFAN

11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Apparently, the maximum winds for this storm exceeded 1977.

Where I am, there is not much snow.  We have friends in South Buffalo who have had 3-5 feet of snow, though, plus drifting.

Winds clocked in at 73 mph at airport and 79 mph in Windmillwanna.

If you are in the Southtowns, don't worry, you'll get about 3 feet tomorrow.

Watching The Day After Tomorrow currently...seems appropriate after the last 48 hours.

Snowing like crazy again here...Buffalo closing in on the snowiest Oct-Nov-Dec period on record. As of 9pm, were around 11" from the record set in 2000 of 95.9 inches. 

Based on forecasted snowfall of 16-22" overnight odds are good we will not only be looking at a new record before dawn tomorrow but the first time ever we have gone over 100" of snow in that timeframe.

• Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Watching The Day After Tomorrow currently...seems appropriate after the last 48 hours.

Snowing like crazy again here...Buffalo closing in on the snowiest Oct-Nov-Dec period on record. As of 9pm, were around 11" from the record set in 2000 of 95.9 inches. 

Based on forecasted snowfall of 16-22" overnight odds are good we will not only be looking at a new record before dawn tomorrow but the first time ever we have gone over 100" of snow in that timeframe.

Merry ####ing Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Having lived in the south towns now living in Niagara county we finally got our street plowed. It’s in the top five storms in my life 

We are in Niagara county but just north of the Village of Lewiston. We dodged the bullet on this one. So little snow you can see the grass in some areas (maybe 1-2 inches), our streets are now wet (can see the black pavement) and the sun has been out all day.  My biggest concern was losing power and that didn't even happen.   Going to take a walk outside in a couple hours to see if there is any tree damage from the wind around the neighborhood, but from the front window everything looks fine.  

I know others weren't so lucky.

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

We are in Niagara county but just north of the Village of Lewiston. We dodged the bullet on this one. So little snow you can see the grass in some areas (maybe 1-2 inches), our streets are now wet (can see the black pavement) and the sun has been out all day.  My biggest concern was losing power and that didn't even happen.   Going to take a walk outside in a couple hours to see if there is any tree damage from the wind around the neighborhood, but from the front window everything looks fine.  

I know others weren't so lucky.

It's so crazy how WNY is divided so drastically in terms of snowfall where living up near Lewiston means you only get half the snowfall or less each year that the metro area gets and then another 30 miles south you get double the amount the metro area gets.

Spent another 90 mins outside snowblowing. Have most of my driveway done all the way to the street. Probably just in time for a plow to come down and bury the end of my driveway again 😂

Going back out in a couple hours to do  more 

picture is of my street about 3 hours after a plow came down once. It’s roughly 30-32” deep. The ends of driveways are roughly 45” deep.

E30EF10E-5078-432E-B3AA-4AE2C976993E.jpeg

Edited by Zamboni

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Crazy.

Just for yucks I looked up how long it takes to go the 300 miles to Columbus by train:  16 HOURS.  The passenger rail system is totally broken.

Columbus has no passenger rail service, so they would likely need to go to Cleveland and then transfer to a bus.

They could charter a few buses, it's only about a 5.5 hour drive(I used to live there for 6 years)

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.