Make a trade

Refuting

15 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

I think it's time. We have an exorbitant amount of prospects, players and 5'10 wingers who are all the same. 

I get the long term approach, but how many picks do you really need to acquire? Tim Murray did it backwards he traded everything like a madman which was highly entertaining but in the end, he was a crazy man. I give him credit for trying to win RIGHT NOW but he had to go. Still not sure why he traded Neuvirth. But to make no trades at all, and to only trade for picks and prospects is clearly not working. 

I don't dislike Granato or Adams. A full and complete rebuild is the right idea, which is what they're doing. Hope is great, and apart of hockey, but you can't sell hope forever. 

It's clear we need something to shake this roster up a bit, nothing insane, but something. I would take insane though. Nothing would make me happier than to acquire a Shane Doan type. So let's hear your best trade ideas, heck even the somewhat crazy ones. A trade would get this place AMPED and rightfully so. 

I would trade two firsts Mittlestadt and Jokiharu for Bo Horvat and if they wanted a bit more, do it 

MAKE A TRADE ADAMS 

You lost me when you gave (Tim) Murray credit.   I would not give him credit for anything except for setting this franchise back 10 years in his one and only GM job. 

What is your obsession with this 5'10" winger myth?  The Sabres have one 5'10" winger, Vinne Hinostoza, on the roster.  They have two 5'11" wingers, Olofsson and Skinner.  Two capable goal scorers.  

Yes, they have some forwards coming up that are not 6' tall.  Savioe is 5'9" and he does not play small.  Östlund is 5'10".  Kilich is 5"11" and he is already with Rochester in the AHL at 18 years old.  He played against men in Czech when he was 17.   Did you play in a professional men's sport league at that age?   Maybe he just might be tough, strong, and unafraid?   

It is not the size of the dog.   It's the size of the fight in the dog.  

I could give you a long list of 5'10 forwards that hold their own and more.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You lost me when you gave Terry Murray credit.   I would not give him credit for anything except for setting this franchise back 10 years in his one and only GM job. 

What is your obsession with this 5'10" winger myth?  The Sabres have one 5'10" winger, Vinne Hinostoza, on the roster.  They have two 5'11" wingers, Olofsson and Skinner.  Two capable goal scorers.  

Yes, they have some forwards coming up that are not 6' tall.  Savioe is 5'9" and he does not play small.  Östlund is 5'10".  Kilich is 5"11" and he is already with Rochester in the AHL at 18 years old.  He played against men in Czech when he was 17.   Did you play in a professional men's sport league at that age?   Maybe he just might be tough, strong, and unafraid?   

It is not the size of the dog.   It's the size of the fight in the dog.  

I could give you a long list of 5'10 forwards that hold their own and more.  

Who is Terry Murray 

41 minutes ago, Toilet_Mop said:

I think our prospects are over valued 

Idk… Lot of young high end 1st Rd draft choices who aren’t near their ceiling yet

4 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

I think it's time. We have an exorbitant amount of prospects, players and 5'10 wingers who are all the same. 

I get the long term approach, but how many picks do you really need to acquire? Tim Murray did it backwards he traded everything like a madman which was highly entertaining but in the end, he was a crazy man. I give him credit for trying to win RIGHT NOW but he had to go. Still not sure why he traded Neuvirth. But to make no trades at all, and to only trade for picks and prospects is clearly not working. 

I don't dislike Granato or Adams. A full and complete rebuild is the right idea, which is what they're doing. Hope is great, and apart of hockey, but you can't sell hope forever. 

It's clear we need something to shake this roster up a bit, nothing insane, but something. I would take insane though. Nothing would make me happier than to acquire a Shane Doan type. So let's hear your best trade ideas, heck even the somewhat crazy ones. A trade would get this place AMPED and rightfully so. 

I would trade two firsts Mittlestadt and Jokiharu for Bo Horvat and if they wanted a bit more, do it 

MAKE A TRADE ADAMS 

Bo Horvat is a UFA. Extreme overpayment. 

I haven’t read the thread yet but I’m guessing some home else has pointed this out 

Plus the forwards aren’t the problem 

3 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Okay I see your point on Jokiharju but still don't think he's anything special at all. Have Vancouver add Schenn in there 

I say Vancouver because they're off to a bad start and they might also like to shake things up a bit. I'd say their roster is better right now than the Sabres. And isn't Horvat unlikely to sign? I'd take him in a second. Boeser has zero goals on the season but has been proven effective in the past 

To BUF:

Boeser, Horvat, Schenn 

To VAN 

Two firsts (or 5 don't care seen enough Mittlestadts and Nylanders) 

Jokiharju 

Quinn 

Peterka 

And could even take more than that but I'd do it 

I feel sick reading this post 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Bo Horvat is a UFA. Extreme overpayment. 

I haven’t read the thread yet but I’m guessing some home else has pointed this out 

Plus the forwards aren’t the problem 

So you're saying he could be a rental, but rentals are overpaid for all the time. The Sabres have a ton of Cap space. The reality is Buffalo is known to be a not so great destination for players wanting to be here and not only because the team stinks 

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I feel sick reading this post 

Yeah yeah get a bag 

3 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Okay I see your point on Jokiharju but still don't think he's anything special at all. Have Vancouver add Schenn in there 

I say Vancouver because they're off to a bad start and they might also like to shake things up a bit. I'd say their roster is better right now than the Sabres. And isn't Horvat unlikely to sign? I'd take him in a second. Boeser has zero goals on the season but has been proven effective in the past 

To BUF:

Boeser, Horvat, Schenn 

To VAN 

Two firsts (or 5 don't care seen enough Mittlestadts and Nylanders) 

Jokiharju 

Quinn 

Peterka 

And could even take more than that but I'd do it 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

My God is this one of the most lopsided poorly constructed trades ever listed on the forum. 

no man GIF

I agree, but this is what you get from young Sabres fans that only know a Tank style rebuild.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.