Eric Comrie out Multiple Weeks per Adams

Brawndo

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

When it rains it pours.

Pretty sure that season has passed and you need to use a snow analogy.  But yes, it does seem to be "pouring" snow in Buffalo right now.  Wonder if UPL can actually get INTO Buffalo. 🙂

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

When it rains it pours.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Pretty sure that season has passed and you need to use a snow analogy.  But yes, it does seem to be "pouring" snow in Buffalo right now.  Wonder if UPL can actually get INTO Buffalo. 🙂

When it snows, it blizzards?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I was calling Comrie Ullmark because he was always out with lower body injuries for multiple weeks every year here.

I guess it was his fault that our wonderchild Dahlin slammed a player right into him and almost full speed and could not have waited for that hit until he cleared the crease.

I was hoping for more from Comrie, but given his numbers, I don't think there will be much, if any, drop-off with UPL.  UPL's prior NHL numbers were pretty decent and better than his AHL numbers.  While there are other reasons to be concerned about the direction of the season, I don't think this is going to have any negative impact.  If UPL continues his prior trends of better NHL numbers than AHL numbers, it may end up being a "net" positive.

Feel badly for Comrie but this could help facilitate a 1A/1B type situation going forward.

IF both UPL and Comrie can find their games this season, Comrie when he returns, they can go into next season in a 1A/1B type situation like Washington had for a while. 

Ride the hot hand and wait for Levi and whoever else to develop on the farm. 

This is all assuming UPL is ready and Comrie can get back to form when he gets back. 

Heres to a quick return to health 🍺

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That stinks.

Really have to hope UPL can continue the trend of looking better in the show than in the minors, because if he is what he was in the minors Anderson will be toast before Christmas, maybe before Advent.

Andy is going to sit back and coach up the boys when Comrie gets back.

UPL is up to stay I think. Maybe. Possibly. 

Just now, Norcal said:

Andy is going to sit back and coach up the boys when Comrie gets back.

UPL is up to stay I think. Maybe. Possibly. 

Not if he doesn't play better than he's been playing.  And just don't trust that he'll be better until we see him actually play better.

• Agree 1

Damn!!

He wasn't playing lights out or anything, but the team seemed to play harder when he was in net.  I think the team thinks that if they are a little more loosie goosie with Anderson back there he will bail them out.

It's UPL's last time to really shine or he is going to be a career AHLer.  Not that there is anything wrong with that ... 😎

A bit of context to UPL’s season: 5 good starts, 2 poor, 2 indifferent.

https://theahl.com/stats/player/7644

This moment is maybe arriving a little earlier than the brass hoped, but it was always going to happen sometime this year.

Ive been looking forward to it, basically since Ullmark walked.

The door is open. Let’s see if he can step through and slam it behind him.

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not if he doesn't play better than he's been playing.  And just don't trust that he'll be better until we see him actually play better.

The younger goalies need to take a page out of Anderson's book and focus on anticipating puck movement and where the shot is going to come from. I assume that Anderson has lost a bit of reflexes due to his age but his positioning has generally been very good.

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.