UPL Called Up

Brawndo

54 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

This is his change.  Hope he takes the bull by the horn and never sees Rochester again

though, truth is, even if he plays lights out - he will be sent back when Comrie is healthy 

For better or worse , it’s all about next season or the year after for the Sabres 

If he does very well, I’d almost expect Anderson to start having vet cramps and need to be on IR for stretches. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

This is his change.  Hope he takes the bull by the horn and never sees Rochester again

though, truth is, even if he plays lights out - he will be sent back when Comrie is healthy 

For better or worse , it’s all about next season or the year after for the Sabres 

it always is.

17 hours ago, SwampD said:

WTF was Dahlin thinking on that play?

He wasn’t and that is a problem. He’s been in the league long enough to not make an asinine mistake like that. 

14 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

He will never be full time with the Sabres. He isn’t a nhl level goalie

18 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Literally zero chance they can sell another development year next year to the fans 

14 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

The lack of a move to help out with the injuries to the D makes me think Adams wants 1 more high as possible draft pick in 2023

heck, to have Bryson, Fitz and Pilut make up 5-8 going into the season makes me think he was looking at the draft before the season started 

You are suggesting the intention for this season was a high pick?

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Literally zero chance they can sell another development year next year to the fans 

maybe the intention was finish wherever they finish with the roster they have   If that means bottom 5, so be it 

I can’t explain not brining in d help any other way 

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

maybe the intention was finish wherever they finish with the roster they have   If that means bottom 5, so be it 

I can’t explain not brining in d help any other way 

Most teams don’t anticipate or can handle losing 3 of their top 5 D 

• Thanks (+1) 2

Development and trying to succeed are not mutually exclusive.  You can try to develop a young team, giving minutes to younger players vs. veterans, and letting the young guys play through some mistakes, and STILL try to win games.  Despite the current horrid losing streak, I think that's where the Sabres are.  They are not tanking with the goal of landing a high draft pick.  Despite the losing streak, I do think this team has enough talent (at least when all of the injured defensemen are back) to finish in the .500 range and be in the middle of the pack.  That likely puts them on the outside looking in for the playoffs, but would still be their best record in years and would represent an upward trajectory.

But what do I know?  Just my personal opinion based on what I have seen.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

Nah, its easy, win a few games when everythings wrapped up at the end of the year

Then you talk about momentum carrying over to next seasons and some plus side from the youth

Get a high pick in the draft and talk up the development of some players and Buffalo fans will be counting down the time til next season starts and they can do it over again.....

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Nah, its easy, win a few games when everythings wrapped up at the end of the year

Then you talk about momentum carrying over to next seasons and some plus side from the youth

Get a high pick in the draft and talk up the development of some players and Buffalo fans will be counting down the time til next season starts and they can do it over again.....

... have you seen the arena? This fanbase doesn't have another year left. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Quint said:

Anyone who gets a nickname like UPL, 6K, GMTM etc. etc. before they achieve anything all turn out to be failures. Maybe premature nicknames are destructive and gives the player or coach a false sense of achievement. Don't nickname people until they're consistently good.

Okay, you write out Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen everytime.  I'll keep writing UPL thank you very much!  😆

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.