GDT - Canucks @ Sabres - Nov. 15, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

This losing streak needs to end.  Give these poor fans something.  

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

think I agree. individual songs work well in baseball when it's one guy walking up to the plate

we score a goal, the whole team is celebrating 

Unity. A hockey team. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This losing streak needs to end.  Give these poor fans something.  

Unity. A hockey team. 

Unity. Otherwords, a union. 

A union of the players against the nary-an-expectation approach of the front office would be most dangerous to the corporation that is the Buffalo Sabres, and their cushy job security therein 

- - - 

yes this was a joke

I guess 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

I've been told many times that faceoffs are not important.

Yep.  People who don't care about faceoffs show the fancy stats that say they don't matter.

People who do care about faceoffs point out every goal that is scored against when one is lost.

Easy to argue this one however you want.

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Yep.  People who don't care about faceoffs show the fancy stats that say they don't matter.

People who do care about faceoffs point out every goal that is scored against when one is lost.

Easy to argue this one however you want.

It's a simple answer. It's situational. Center ice draws don't matter, draws late in games in the zone do. Draws on special teams in the zone do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Contempt said:

It's a simple answer. It's situational. Center ice draws don't matter, draws late in games in the zone do. Draws on special teams in the zone do.

I agree with you, also the one thing the stats don't tell you is how clean a draw it was.  Pull the puck right back to a guy ready for a shot on net cleanly is one type of win, pulling it back into a scrum where you eventually gain control of it after a second or two is another. Both will be called 'faceoff wins' but they are 2 totally different things.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.