OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

Ft Worth had snow showers in the early afternoon.  3/4 of the people left at about 2 pm to go home.  I stayed until 5.  By then the snow had stopped.  The traffic was light.  The roads were clear (except for some icy patches on bridges). 

Bunch of amateurs.

Saw a pond today that is roughly the size of an NHL rink. It had been shoveled after the last big snow. It just sits there soggy and unskateable, but there's still hope I guess.

Tomorrow the surfaces should be good by me. Maybe even the day after. But then we're in for a couple of weeks, if the weather report is to be believed.

Yeah, the brief thaw has turned my apartment into a spider/stinkbug paradise, apparently. 

Staring at a wee jumping spider going up my wall right now, in fact.. just got out of the shower where two little spider bros met their fate after choosing the shower curtain as a great place to chill. Sorry, little dudes. 

Yeah, the brief thaw has turned my apartment into a spider/stinkbug paradise, apparently. 

Staring at a wee jumping spider going up my wall right now, in fact.. just got out of the shower where two little spider bros met their fate after choosing the shower curtain as a great place to chill. Sorry, little dudes.

You don't have to feel bad. They'd kill and eat you if they could.

• 2 weeks later...

Stay safe, NS.

Thanks.

So far, so good.

The freezing rain started around 9:00 AM here in Bedford.  The change over to rain should be pretty quick and then the ice will melt.

My biggest worry is for this evening and over-night when the rain will be very heavy and very strong winds.  The ground is frozen, so there is a good possibility of flooding, but it is supposed to stay warm, so with luck all the rain won't freeze.

a stick plugged the pool overflow drain and flooded my yard Sunday due to the heavy rains... I think we got over an inch of rain in a 24hr period which is a lot here since the drainage isn't designed to handle that type of volume.

• 2 weeks later...