OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

You'd be better served running for the bar.

If I wasn't currently recovering from yet another illness, that's where I'd be going.  :wallbash:

I'm just on the other side of Marilla from Elma. Judging from what I can see, it's probably buried already. 

Balls.

^

This has been a very strange band. It was supposed to whack metro/north Buffalo around 3:30ish, but then it stalled over Blasdell, OP, etc.

Nothing doing in the city, unless you're in South Buffalo.

Yeah, we were expecting it in Williamsville after lunch and it's only just lightly snowing here right now. 

And your wife has sex with you?

Sure, I bought her another blanket for Christmas.

Seriously, the thermostat is set at 67/68. But I do try to keep the bedrooms cooler because I hate being hot when I sleep(so does she!)

Sure, I bought her another blanket for Christmas.

Seriously, the thermostat is set at 67/68. But I do try to keep the bedrooms cooler because I hate being hot when I sleep(so does she!)

We have radiators, and the thermostat almost never goes above 64, unless Grandma is coming over.

Grab a sweatshirt. Grab a scarf and light winter hat, even. Interestingly, the teenagers are generally okay with it -- that scarf and ubiquitous winter hat look remains sufficiently de rigueur.

We have radiators, and the thermostat almost never goes above 64, unless Grandma is coming over.

Grab a sweatshirt. Grab a scarf and light winter hat, even. Interestingly, the teenagers are generally okay with it -- that scarf and ubiquitous winter hat look remains sufficiently de rigueur.

See, you go crazy with trying to fool us with Canadian spellings--I believe I saw "offencive" (which isn't even right in Canada) from you recently, and then you go posting about your Fahrenheit thermostat.

We're onto you...

did you go to Iroquois?

No, but both my cousins did.

I never lived in that part of NY, only lived in Pittsburgh for a while.

Grew up in Toronto, but my mother is from Buffalo and her parents and sister lived in Elma.  My one cousin still lives there. 

My cousin is a big shot NY state judge now ... hey, 11, if you read this you may know, or know of, him.

See, you go crazy with trying to fool us with Canadian spellings--I believe I saw "offencive" (which isn't even right in Canada) from you recently, and then you go posting about your Fahrenheit thermostat.

We're onto you...

Ha!

I'm not fooling anyone. Not anyone worth fooling, anyway.

Mentally, spiritually, emotionally - I continue to abide in Canada, at least from time to time. And then sometimes I even live there for extended stretches of time - when I'm lucky.

But, yeah. I married a good American girl. The thermostat in our home mos def reads in Fahrenheit.

No offence intended. On my honour. You won't see me getting defencive on the matter, either.

Kind of funny, the local weather peeps here in Texas are excited that we're getting "Lake Effect Snow."  Yes, that's exactly what it is, but the lakes here are more like ponds, and the snow coming off them won't even leave a dusting.  Someone on FB left a comment on the NWS post about the snow:  "Just like Buffalo!"  To which I replied, "Yeah, except they get it by the foot."

I saw an awesome on earlier with break and milk photoshopped in.

I specifically will not buy bread and milk before a "storm" for that very reason. The mentality of "oh God! We'll never be able to leave the house again so we have to live on toast and milk for 1 day!!!"

Seriously, how much of a jerk am I?

I specifically will not buy bread and milk before a "storm" for that very reason. The mentality of "oh God! We'll never be able to leave the house again so we have to live on toast and milk for 1 day!!!"

Seriously, how much of a jerk am I?

You're not.  The jerks flooding stores to buy irrational quantities of bread and milk are the jerks.  Unless you're preparing for an apocalypse after which the only currency will be french toast, and you have your own chickens, none of it makes any sense.