OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

We had some slush pouring from the skies in Rochester a couple nights ago and I was astounded how rusty I was at handling it. I didn't really get a chance to drive in snow last year- I spent it all on crutches. 

I took a long route to avoid the highway and ended up out in rush because I missed my turn. Went from rain and a bit slippery to a full inch of pebbly ice, below freezing, and accidents everywhere... then I crossed back through the weather pattern and it was just wet again and back up to about 36 degrees. Amazing how those delineations work.

But yeah, definitely going to take it slower than I used to these first few snows. My subaru is great... my muscle memory has faded. 

Okay, snow is one thing. BUT WHAT KIND OF PERSON LOVES 40S AND RAIN?!?!

Ask the people in Portland lol. Actually, don't we have a couple of people here from Vancouver?

It's fun for a while, reminds me of October days in Allegheny.

I can see it getting old after a while like the weather down here does.

Left the 45 degree muck and mud of Pennsylvania yesterday for the 22 degree, covered in snow, beautiful, white CNY. Every house is decorated for Christmas and there isn't an inch of lawn that isn't covered in snow. I've been playing in it with the dogs all day long. Man, this is awesome.

Left the 45 degree muck and mud of Pennsylvania yesterday for the 22 degree, covered in snow, beautiful, white CNY. Every house is decorated for Christmas and there isn't an inch of lawn that isn't covered in snow. I've been playing in it with the dogs all day long. Man, this is awesome.

F off

So happy it's snowing. I'm a little sad that it'll delay the ponds a bit. Tomorrow was my target day, but I'm starting to doubt that they'll be ready. I really don't wanna crack the ice and set the whole thing back another week (like my brother ALWAYS does).

How deep are the ponds?

So happy it's snowing. I'm a little sad that it'll delay the ponds a bit. Tomorrow was my target day, but I'm starting to doubt that they'll be ready. I really don't wanna crack the ice and set the whole thing back another week (like my brother ALWAYS does).

Our pond here is looking good but the warm rain tomorrow morning is going to hurt it. Hopefully the rest of the week stays cold. If we can get to 4-5 inches by next weekend maybe it'll stay that way.

Haven't checked Como Park yet to see if they flooded it.

It's been in the 40's for the most part here in Eastern NC recently and then got even colder over the weekend until last night when a warm front rolled in. It is now 66 degrees and raining. Not exactly December weather, even for here, although we usually have zero chance of snow around these parts until January or February anyway.