OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

On 9/28/2022 at 2:55 PM, #freejame said:

My last shot in Charleston for a hurricane. Bring it on, Mother Gaia!

Careful what you wish for. Hurricanes aren’t blizzards. You can’t just walk down the gas station to get another 30 pack. They are long and they suck.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

Careful what you wish for. Hurricanes aren’t blizzards. You can’t just walk down the gas station to get another 30 pack. They are long and they suck.

I keep telling my wife this every time she tries to get me to move to a hot and flat state. I gently remind her that no one ever had the ocean in their living room when they lived on a mountain.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

I keep telling my wife this every time she tries to get me to move to a hot and flat state. I gently remind her that no one ever had the ocean in their living room when they lived on a mountain.

Yep dont mind vaca down there but screw having any property

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Got hit by a worse hurricane when I lived in the mountains of NC than I just did by Ian. Still without power at my place, but no issue going out for dinner yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, #freejame said:

Got hit by a worse hurricane when I lived in the mountains of NC than I just did by Ian. Still without power at my place, but no issue going out for dinner yesterday. 

But I'm betting the ocean wasn't inside your living room. That's all I was saying. I'll take catastrophic blizzards and Donner Party levels of snow. But water in my house can f* right off. Especially when that water has alligators in it! No thank you.

• Like (+1) 2

• Sabres Fan in NS changed the title to GDT - Canucks @ Sabres - Nov. 15, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR
  • nfreeman changed the title to Weather (just weather)
  • nfreeman pinned this topic
  • nfreeman unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

What in the blazes is going on here ...

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/hourly-weather-forecast/nova-scotia/terence-bay

Saturday in the early AM we are getting -26 and feels like -43 !!

Really !!  

This is not Winterpeg or Edmonton or any of the other cold places in Canada.

3 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

What in the blazes is going on here ...

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/hourly-weather-forecast/nova-scotia/terence-bay

Saturday in the early AM we are getting -26 and feels like -43 !!

Really !!  

This is not Winterpeg or Edmonton or any of the other cold places in Canada.

That's unnecessarily cold. My condolences. It's going to be pretty chilly here on Saturday. 25. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like a Gordon Lightfoot song. 

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

It's so cold (-11) this morning that there is ice on the inner bay and smoke on the outer bay.

Still expecting -26 and feels like -43 early Saturday morning.

Like a Gordon Lightfoot song. 

5 minutes ago, sabills said:

Any fire in the sky?

Or Deep Purple 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Contempt said:

That's unnecessarily cold. My condolences. It's going to be pretty chilly here on Saturday. 25. 

The man is talking temps in C not F. It's cold, but not THAT cold. 

And if you want cold, you need to go no further than the upper Adirondacks near Lake Placid...

tomorrow the high/low is supposed to be -9/-25 F not C, and wind on top of that making wind chills 45-50 below zero.

image.thumb.png.71a95a1a3a618787174bde5c3c472ff5.png

Edited by matter2003

21 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The man is talking temps in C not F. It's cold, but not THAT cold. 

And if you want cold, you need to go no further than the upper Adirondacks near Lake Placid...

tomorrow the high/low is supposed to be -9/-25 F not C, and wind on top of that making wind chills 45-50 below zero.

image.thumb.png.71a95a1a3a618787174bde5c3c472ff5.png

I mean, -25C is -13F, thats pretty cold lol. And at -40 they are actually both the same.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/1/2022 at 2:23 PM, ubkev said:

But I'm betting the ocean wasn't inside your living room. That's all I was saying. I'll take catastrophic blizzards and Donner Party levels of snow. But water in my house can f* right off. Especially when that water has alligators in it! No thank you.

Old post, but I just read it now.

I lived in Florida (Daytona Beach) in the decade of the 2000's.  Hurricane Charly basically came right over my apartment. Lost power for a week, the following days there was no AC, no fans, no long lasting food in the refrigerator to eat, and no way to heat stuff up. After a day or two when the roads were clear, I drove an hour north to a mall that was fully open to walk around the the Air conditioning and eat at the food court every afternoon.

But the comment about the Alligators got me thinking of something.  The following week I was going back to work and on my way out of town stopped at a supermarket in Port Orange or new Smyrna (20 years ago, I forgot which one).  The store wasn't even right on the water, it was a half mile inland, but it got so much flooding that when it did open back up, there were dozens (if not 50-100) frogs all over the store, in the aisle, jumping around.  You also could see on the floor itself and a few inches up on the walls where the water had been.

I have relatives in South Florida now that can't even imagine why we want to live in the Northeast.  I spent a few years living in Florida, and I can't even imagine moving back to a place like that that is so hot in the summer and does't get at least a couple months of winter.  To each their own I guess.

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Old post, but I just read it now.

I lived in Florida (Daytona Beach) in the decade of the 2000's.  Hurricane Charly basically came right over my apartment. Lost power for a week, the following days there was no AC, no fans, no long lasting food in the refrigerator to eat, and no way to heat stuff up. After a day or two when the roads were clear, I drove an hour north to a mall that was fully open to walk around the the Air conditioning and eat at the food court every afternoon.

But the comment about the Alligators got me thinking of something.  The following week I was going back to work and on my way out of town stopped at a supermarket in Port Orange or new Smyrna (20 years ago, I forgot which one).  The store wasn't even right on the water, it was a half mile inland, but it got so much flooding that when it did open back up, there were dozens (if not 50-100) frogs all over the store, in the aisle, jumping around.  You also could see on the floor itself and a few inches up on the walls where the water had been.

I have relatives in South Florida now that can't even imagine why we want to live in the Northeast.  I spent a few years living in Florida, and I can't even imagine moving back to a place like that that is so hot in the summer and does't get at least a couple months of winter.  To each their own I guess.

some people don't like cold and snow. Having said that. I wouldn't live in South Florida