Sabres Injury Updates

Brawndo

15 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I vote Linus Weissbach. He has the speed to play in the NHL. 

He’s also the size of a dingleberry 

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He’s in the OHL.  

Biro, Rousek, Malone, Murray, Sheahan or Weissbach could be called up depending on need.  Biro is the Amerks top scorer ytd.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Sorry, I was thinking of Biro.  Letters can be so hard sometimes.

I wouldn't mind getting a look at Rousek either.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’d like to see Rousek as well. He has earned a shot.

Rousek has been there most noticeable prospect on the Amerks.  (I don’t really count Biro and Weissbach as I don’t see them as NHL players)

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

So, the Thanksgiving / end of November expectation for Samuelsson's return still looks realistic.

Will be really nice having him back in the lineup even if he gets eased back into it.  When he's back to being able to play 25 minutes/ game they only have to send the other 3 out 39-45 minutes total a night.  That'll make the depth back there look a ton better.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:02 PM, Taro T said:

So, the Thanksgiving / end of November expectation for Samuelsson's return still looks realistic.

Will be really nice having him back in the lineup even if he gets eased back into it.  When he's back to being able to play 25 minutes/ game they only have to send the other 3 out 39-45 minutes total a night.  That'll make the depth back there look a ton better.

I don't think we should be playing him 25 mins a game at this stage. Might even make injury more likely. 

25 is what I'd have him play in the playoffs, basically 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don't think we should be playing him 25 mins a game at this stage. Might even make injury more likely. 

25 is what I'd have him play in the playoffs, basically 

Don't expect him getting 25 minutes when he comes back.  But he will be back to that relatively soon unless the 2nd & 3rd pairings play significantly better than they did prior to his injury.

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't expect him getting 25 minutes when he comes back.  But he will be back to that relatively soon unless the 2nd & 3rd pairings play significantly better than they did prior to his injury.

This assumes Dahlin and Power are on the same pair, no?*

A situation that necessitates a rook playing 25 mins a game is an ill-advised situation to enter into willingly

*Edit - no it doesn't. Derp thorny. 

I don't think we'll need to limit the 2nd pair too thoroughly with Power on it, though 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.