Do you Believe

Crusader1969

11 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

So do you Believe?

im still a big time believer that in a couple of years they will be a cup contender

playoffs next year. 

Top 5 or 6 teams in league by 24/25 

638C5347-0CAD-42C5-9F73-CD91D8A64193.jpeg

What do you think?? 😎

Is the Sabres current status worse than fans expectations this would be a playoff year or they would not believe in what the organization is doing? 

I'm firmly in the camp of no, the status isn't worse.

I thought we would continue to develop offensively.  We're tied for 3rd in the conference in goals for.   I figured we'd struggle defensively and in net. We're just about where I thought we'd be at this stage.  We're young,  without a steady net minder and we're not close to being filled out defensively.   

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

@7+6=13 so you think everything is fine with the coach and goaltending? 

Yeah I think we're fine at goaltending,  don't you?  C'mon!

If you had higher expectations than what you're seeing,  then that's on you.  If you don't see what this team has and the stage it's in toward the development,  then I support you being pissed and to quit on the current plan.

17 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Yeah I think we're fine at goaltending,  don't you?  C'mon!

If you had higher expectations than what you're seeing,  then that's on you.  If you don't see what this team has and the stage it's in toward the development,  then I support you being pissed and to quit on the current plan.

They have been ignoring the biggest problem goltending I've complained they're not serious about winning with how its been handled. 

Its irritating for old fans like myself that they're ok sucking again for the 11th straight year 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

They have been ignoring the biggest problem goltending I've complained they're not serious about winning with how its been handled. 

Its irritating for old fans like myself that they're ok sucking again for the 11th straight year 

I get it but I haven't really been enamored with the free agents the last couple years that we would have had a legitimate shot at.  There were trades with clauses, etc that just didn't work for us.  Ullmark maybe but I think he was leaving regardless. 

We'll get one.  The right one just hasn't presented itself,  IMO.  

These college goalies have us in a bit of a bind and I believe once we sign one (likely Levi over Portillo), we'll make a move once he's under team control.   

If we had signed a goalie to a 6 year deal, I think we'd lose both.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

And 6-3 in October. MISINFORMATION tweet.

As for me, just bummed. We had the fancy stats to support it after 10 games this year.  Hoping Mule and Joker get us straight.  

Ha, I never even saw October when I looked at the post.  I'm trained to focus on the suffering.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, Crusader1969 said:

So do you Believe?

im still a big time believer that in a couple of years they will be a cup contender

playoffs next year. 

Cup Contender?  No.  Not in a couple of years.  

In a couple of years, they could be a playoff team if the can get a goaltender and a few prospects reach their potential.  A playoff team is not necessarily a Cup Contender.  

18 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Dont worry the next generation can  Go through the same pain as us 

movies-titanic.gif

It's funny (and sad) because my dad did exactly that and never saw a Buffalo championship (unless you count the last pre-Super Bowl AFL championship).  He's been dead for more than 25 years now.

So I guess I'll say it's funny cuz it's true.

I don’t care where the prospect pool is ranked, if this team is not in the playoffs by the end of next season(23-24), Adams should be fired. I have beat this to death, but half of the friggin’ teams make the playoffs every year…IT SHOULDN’T BE THIS DIFFICULT. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, Crusader1969 said:

So do you Believe?

playoffs next year. 

They did this with the Jets too. They were the Cup champs in 2019. 

What a jinx.

Adams is committed enough to a slow, safe process that, I dunno when it will be, maybe years, but I do think we will become a good team. 

Predicting based on what we've seen that we have a sure-fire cup-contender on the way would be absurd, though. There's so, so much ground to cover before anything like that is on the horizon. Would be absurd to think we have enough info to consider ourselves on that sure-fire path. 

Become a good team, become a team that can win half of it's games, become a team that can fight for a playoff spot in March, become a team that can make the playoffs...see where we are at after that. 

On 11/14/2022 at 9:52 AM, Crusader1969 said:

I agree the first rebuild was a failure due to Murray’s impatience

the Philosophy completely changed with Adams came on board and he’s sticking to his plan   

so to me , this is just year 2.  

If you don’t have optimism for your team, why do you continue to watch? 

maybe there are some that just enjoy misery? 

These "why watch?" posts need to go the way of Eichel

They just need to go away 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/14/2022 at 1:09 PM, Curt said:

I believe that this draft and develop strategy with reasonable incorporation of analytics and emphasis on team culture is the right approach.

I have no idea if it will result in a cup contender.

Too many steps between here and there.

Well put

18 hours ago, Weave said:

I believe the playoff futility record is going to extend another year.

I believe the longer it takes to rebuild, the more things can happen to scuttle it.

Object at rest remains at rest 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.