GDT: Boston at Buffalo, Nov. 12, 2022, 7pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

34 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Cool. Don admits he sucks at in-game adjustments. Hockey is complicated. But just run out the lines that feel comfortable. Have fun and see what happens. Don is Ted without the fire. And the winning.

Winning? Even if you do Ted a favor and don’t count his last two years, he was 7 games over .500.

Count all seasons and it’s Ted .458 to Don .444. 

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

Winning? Even if you do Ted a favor and don’t count his last two years, he was 7 games over .500.

Count all seasons and it’s Ted .458 to Don .444. 

Ted took two franchises to the playoffs and won at least one series. It's very hard for me to fathom Don doing either. After Buffalo I don't see him coaching again. Ted has had three stints as a head coach. And he won the Jack Adams.

Senator, I knew Ted Nolan...

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Cool. Don admits he sucks at in-game adjustments. Hockey is complicated. But just run out the lines that feel comfortable. Have fun and see what happens. Don is Ted without the fire. And the winning.

Not sure where this is coming from. Where did he admit that? We know that he does make adjustments in-game and they work. We’ve talked about it in-game. When he put Okoposo on the top line it completely changed the Chi game.

Maybe not making an in-game adjustment is sometimes his in-game adjustment.

Fresh Off The Boat Reaction GIF

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Ted took two franchises to the playoffs and won at least one series. It's very hard for me to fathom Don doing either. After Buffalo I don't see him coaching again. Ted has had three stints as a head coach. And he won the Jack Adams.

Senator, I knew Ted Nolan...

Only thing certain is Ted never coaching again.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Finally someone gets it .

He's a  Phony 

You can share in the contempt and disdain for the next 18 months until everyone will suddenly take credit.

See also Pegula Sucks and Jack is a DB.

I was there five minutes after the presser and moments after I'm Coming For Ya.

I tend to be right early and often.

Are we suggesting that Ted Nolan, or any other coach, would immediately whip the youngest team in the league (featuring at 41 year-old goalie to skew that age), with this goaltending overall, rash of own-goal-deflections, or missing its 2 most responsible longest-tenured PK/D-men while also having a 3rd PK/D-man playing on one foot, and also missing 1 game from their best player into a winner in the last 4 games against...

...@CAR, @TB next night, ARZ (winners of 4 of 5 and riding white-hot goalie Vejmelka who in November is 4-0 with .950% ), and then the hottest team in the league VGK with 9 wins in a row and an "release your anger!" Jackikin Eichwalker?

This 5-games stretch (with Boston) is a murderer's row at this point in the season (not just who you play but when you play them) for an injured-D/cool-goalied team. But it's not the end of the season and it's not an indictment on the coach or a cause for fan overreaction. They'll right the ship in the next 6 with Joker back and maybe even the Muel along the way. (And hopefully win tonight as well.)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Are we suggesting that Ted Nolan, or any other coach, would immediately whip the youngest team in the league (featuring at 41 year-old goalie to skew that age), with this goaltending overall, rash of own-goal-deflections, or missing its 2 most responsible longest-tenured PK/D-men while also having a 3rd PK/D-man playing on one foot, and also missing 1 game from their best player into a winner in the last 4 games against...

...@CAR, @TB next night, ARZ (winners of 4 of 5 and riding white-hot goalie Vejmelka who in November is 4-0 with .950% ), and then the hottest team in the league VGK with 9 wins in a row and an "release your anger!" Jackikin Eichwalker?

This 5-games stretch (with Boston) is a murderer's row at this point in the season (not just who you play but when you play them) for an injured-D/cool-goalied team. But it's not the end of the season and it's not an indictment on the coach or a cause for fan overreaction. They'll right the ship in the next 6 with Joker back and maybe even the Muel along the way. (And hopefully win tonight as well.)

I’m fairly certain of two things;

1) give Teddy this team and they would challenge for worst overall

2) give Donny prime Hasek and they would challenge for the division 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

It seems dark right now in WNY sports, but maybe this is one of those nights where the team does something great and gives everyone a thrill.

TT is unstoppable and Dahlin ain’t lying down for anyone.

Go Sabres.  

I always enjoy the Hockey Fights Cancer broadcast even though the Sabres quite often do not show up on that night (like last year).  

This is a must win.  The losing streak has to stop and this game gets us over 0.500, so this is the right night for the boys to band together and dig deep. 

Boston loves to beat us and they will have a huge crowd on hand, lets shut them up.    Big weekend for Buffalo sports starts tonight.  

Let's GO Buffalo!  (clap,  clap,  clap-clap-clap)   

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Should not be paired together right now. The rest of the defense is barely above or at AHL Level having them play 60% of the minutes versus the Bruins isn’t the best idea. 

Here as well. They should be on separate pairs - more game we can control. 

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

aaaaaand YOU get a backup!

And YOU get a backup! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.