GDT: Boston at Buffalo, Nov. 12, 2022, 7pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

• Eleven changed the title to GDT: Boston at Buffalo, Nov. 12, 2022, 7pm, MSG, WGR
23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Also available on ESPN+.

Also, why did Bergeron have to be a Bruin?  I'd love to root for him but I can't.

And it's Hockey Fights Cancer Day!  It's a nice sentiment.

Bergeron would look so nice in a Sabres uniform.

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It seems dark right now in WNY sports, but maybe this is one of those nights where the team does something great and gives everyone a thrill.

TT is unstoppable and Dahlin ain’t lying down for anyone.

Go Sabres.  

Medaille women's soccer. Hello.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

From BN today:

”With Okposo out, Granato reconnected perhaps his best line combination of the season, with Tage Thompson between Skinner and Alex Tuch. Jack Quinn, who sat out Thursday, was back in the mix on a speed line with Dylan Cozens and JJ Peterka.”

and:

”Granato said he's looking for a spark with in-game line changes and often keeping an eye on potential matchups when he makes shifts between games. But in this case, he's also going for simplicity after a stretch of shuffling that has seemingly left lines struggling for consistency for large stretches.

"You saw Tuch back with Thompson and Skinner, and I think they're the most comfortable (trio)," Granato said. "Right now, that's how the lines are laying out, who we feel is the most comfortable with each guy in each scenario in hopes to not complicate anything."

This is great news… Hope Granato keeps these lines together for more than a few games… Same with Mittelstadt, Olofsson, and Okposo or Girgenson… He can match lines and make in-game changes and still let his top lines start each game… Simplicity and Consistency can only build chemistry, reduce on-ice confusion, and increase accountability

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It seems dark right now in WNY sports, but maybe this is one of those nights where the team does something great and gives everyone a thrill.

TT is unstoppable and Dahlin ain’t lying down for anyone.

Go Sabres.  

It does have the feel of these turkeys winning today. Let’s hope Boston loaded up on wings last night.

I want to see Quinn light it up tonight.

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It does have the feel of these turkeys winning today. Let’s hope Boston loaded up on wings last night.

I want to see Quinn light it up tonight.

I think there’s a reasonable possibility that Quinn-Cozens-JJP could work very well together and be highly entertaining.  

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Believer said:

From BN today:

”With Okposo out, Granato reconnected perhaps his best line combination of the season, with Tage Thompson between Skinner and Alex Tuch. Jack Quinn, who sat out Thursday, was back in the mix on a speed line with Dylan Cozens and JJ Peterka.”

and:

”Granato said he's looking for a spark with in-game line changes and often keeping an eye on potential matchups when he makes shifts between games. But in this case, he's also going for simplicity after a stretch of shuffling that has seemingly left lines struggling for consistency for large stretches.

"You saw Tuch back with Thompson and Skinner, and I think they're the most comfortable (trio)," Granato said. "Right now, that's how the lines are laying out, who we feel is the most comfortable with each guy in each scenario in hopes to not complicate anything."

This is great news… Hope Granato keeps these lines together for more than a few games… Same with Mittelstadt, Olofsson, and Okposo or Girgenson… He can match lines and make in-game changes and still let his top lines start each game… Simplicity and Consistency can only build chemistry, reduce on-ice confusion, and increase accountability

Cool. Don admits he sucks at in-game adjustments. Hockey is complicated. But just run out the lines that feel comfortable. Have fun and see what happens. Don is Ted without the fire. And the winning.

Fack it.  Expecting a Sabres win tonight.  The crowd being 60% B's fans will light a fire for the home team, just like they usually beat the Loafs at home.

Yes, the Bergeron line will score 3, but the Sabres will eliminate the damage from the other lines.  Thompson's line gets 2, Mittelstadt's and Cozens 1 each, and Dahlin goes off the board and gets the empty netter rather than just an assist on one.

5-3 good guys.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Fack it.  Expecting a Sabres win tonight.  The crowd being 60% B's fans will light a fire for the home team, just like they usually beat the Loafs at home.

Yes, the Bergeron line will score 3, but the Sabres will eliminate the damage from the other lines.  Thompson's line gets 2, Mittelstadt's and Cozens 1 each, and Dahlin goes off the board and gets the empty netter rather than just an assist on one.

5-3 good guys.

That’s the spirit!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I was going to go to the game.. but paying 100 level prices for crappy 300 level seats after the eggs this team has laid recently seemed like a poor investment. Especially since I refuse to leave a game early... but I have no problem turning off the TV early.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.