Sabres Emergency Goalie

Dintesabie

18 minutes ago, Dintesabie said:

Does anybody know who the Sabres emergency goalie is.  

Welcome to the board!

I believe there is a designated emergency goaltender for every game now who can play for either team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Welcome to the board!

I believe there is a designated emergency goaltender for every game now who can play for either team.

And it's usually a local beer leaguer.  In the playoffs a lot of the time the team's AHL goalie will be with the team as the emergency goalie.

Friend of mine used to be the Amerks emergency goalie on occassion.  Never got in a game, but did get on the bench a couple of times.

I tried a google search to find the answer to the OP's question.  Not only did I *not* find the answer, but *this thread* showed up in the search results.  😛

The EBUG is often just someone that knows some people on the team and can be there for the game.  It probably isn't the same person every game.

13 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I tried a google search to find the answer to the OP's question.  Not only did I *not* find the answer, but *this thread* showed up in the search results.  😛

The EBUG is often just someone that knows some people on the team and can be there for the game.  It probably isn't the same person every game.

Probably depends on whether the emergency backup is an employee of the team.  That Zamboni driver a few years back likely was the Loafs full time emergency option.  If the team doesn't have a staffer that can fill in, they'll likely run w/ somebody local that played high level junior or college but now has a "real" job.  (That's how my friend was one of the Amerks fallback guys.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yes he was.  Again, team employee.  He actually even practiced with them occassionally.

He sure did, he was the goalie at the yearly daytime open practice for kids.  Some of the kids who grew up in the 70's never got to see a home game until the late 80's because tickets were so scarce, the open practice was a fun filled event.     Paul is an awesome guy.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

He sure did, he was the goalie at the yearly daytime open practice for kids.  Some of the kids who grew up in the 70's never got to see a home game until the late 80's because tickets were so scarce, the open practice was a fun filled event.     Paul is an awesome guy.  

We went to the open practice a few times.  You're right, it was a blast.  They did some really screwy stuff in the penalty shot competition.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.