Golden Knights at Sabres 11-10-22 7PM

North Buffalo

8 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

No doubt Adams strategy is take take 3 to 5 more years to become competitive.  Meanwhile that just reinforces the losing culture.  And Granato is turning into a lame motivational speaker and the mistakes continue to be made at an alarming rate. 

Honestly believe he thinks the playoffs are a reality next year.

Expect he sees this year as too tough an ask which is why he & Granato don't mind still experimenting around w/ Krebs most every game and juking the lines completely in a very winnable Yotes game.  Which is frustrating as sin, but do expect he expects to be on a playoff pace again down the stretch. (Which also makes the AZ game frustrating beyond belief. That's 2 points that might really matter down the stretch plus if today's game was an L streak of 1 people wouldn't be losing their minds as much as they are over Eichel getting the most recent laugh.)

Edited by Taro T
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Exactly, my son and daughter (15 and 16 years old) were all fired up to go on Saturday and each take a friend...they just told me to sell. It freaking breaks my heart that they can't enjoy a single season since they were born. 

That really sucks!!! Thank you TP.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Having to watch John’s childish celebrations because DG would not adjust to what was happening in the game. 

Yeah, that was a hard pill to swallow for sure, especially his Smolinski smug face. But I’m over it. On to the Bruins. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

clague bryson pairing was an nightmare. -7 combined tongight while the rest of the D was basically even.  Granted neither should be playing in the NHL.  Bryson also had an open net to get us within 1 with a couple minutes left, hesitated then choked.

Clagge belongs in Rochester with Pilut.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I still can't belive that douche scored three.   Sure glad I couldn't catch this one. 

It was a good game with a bad ending.  We had more bad luck with defections off our players - maybe the defense stands around too much?  

Comrie is just not making enough saves, and Jack scored a lot of point once Vegas had a safe 3rd period lead.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

That really sucks!!! Thank you TP.

Yup, it really does suck. My kids wanting to see this team be good for so many years is how my anger with the Sabres has reached a boiling point this early in the season. There’s no reason to bring all of that negativity to this board so I will be signing off the board and going to games until they break into the top 8 again. Hopefully that is not too far down the road!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I was just thinking...29 seasons making the playoffs out of 52 with no Cups.  That is horrifically bad franchise history. Got to be near bottom in the league.

We were the fourth winningest franchise until Terry took over.

6 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I still can't belive that douche scored three.   Sure glad I couldn't catch this one. 

I think it was best thing that could have happened to them. They needed to be woken up because since the strong start, they have played like a bunch of ten-ply soft p———-.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Honestly believe he thinks the playoffs are a reality next year.

Expect he sees this year as too tough an ask which is why he & Granato don't mind still experimenting around w/ Krebs most every game and juking the lines completely in a very winnable Yotes game.  Which is frustrating as sin, but do expect he expects to be on a playoff pace again down the stretch. (Which also makes the AZ game frustrating beyond belief. That's 2 points that might really matter down the stretch plus if today's game was an L streak of 1 people wouldn't be losing their minds as much as they are over Eichel getting the most recent laugh.)

Hey Taro, I think the Yotes beat us more soundly and decisively than the Knights did.  The Sabres at least showed up to play tonight and were in for 2 full periods.  The problem with the game against Arizona was the Sabres players never showed up to play at all.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Believer said:

Tuch, Krebs, and Olofsson were bad tonight… No offense and no defense… Unacceptable given the game stakes and filled seats… 

Krebs is not an NHL level player yet. I think he would benefit from at least another couple months playing in Rochester.

I haven't seen him play at all this year, but maybe Sheahan can take his spot for a while.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It was a good game with a bad ending.  We had more bad luck with defections off our players - maybe the defense stands around too much?  

Comrie is just not making enough saves, and Jack scored a lot of point once Vegas had a safe 3rd period lead.  

The bolded stinks for future games against these guys because Eichel was thinking he'd never get a point against the Sabres / wondering what he had to do to get one until that shot deflected off Bryson and past Comrie.  Then he gets a net so open that the people on this board could've scored it.  Now he figures he's got the Sabres #.

Would've liked him still doubting himself going into the Sabres trip into Vegas.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The bolded stinks for future games against these guys because Eichel was thinking he'd never get a point against the Sabres / wondering what he had to do to get one until that shot deflected off Bryson and past Comrie.  Then he gets a net so open that the people on this board could've scored it.  Now he figures he's got the Sabres #.

Would've liked him still doubting himself going into the Sabres trip into Vegas.

Sabres are better on the road. Maybe next year they should hold off on that west coast “bonding” trip until later in the season and actually learn how to be a team at home.

Edited by SwampD

Granato ducks a post game interview… sends out Tage and Mitts… 

Predictable press questions and predictable player responses… Someone should have asked “What did the Coach have to say about the game??… The team effort??”

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

It’s just so frustrating, we can’t break through to the other side….still

How long? Huh? How much more? How many seasons do we wait and waste?

I am more worried about the 4 game losing streak, its a long season but it feels like it’s going down the toilet right now and by the time those two D men get back it will be too late

Relax. The Bills went a very long time without making the playoffs because IMO they didn't have stability in their management, coaching and systems. They finally bit the bullet and committed to the stability needed to have a long term contending franchise. I believe the Sabres have recently made that same commitment. It takes longer for an NHL team than an NFL team to stockpile the players to fit their system. Yes, the Sabres are on a losing streak but quick fixes might win a game or two but unless the moves fit their overall plan then they are counterproductive. 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

He Taro, I think the Yotes beat us more soundly and decisively than the Knights did.  The Sabres at least showed up to play tonight and were in for 2 full periods.  The problem with the game against Arizona was the Sabres players never showed up to play at all.  

They did.  The Sabres played one of only 2 truly bad games that night.  (Seattle being the other that they stunk the house out.)  Had they given the kind of effort they normally do, still believe they'd've beaten the Yotes.

The Yotes got their 1st 2 game winning streak of the year against the Sabres.  That was a game the Sabres needed to be better in.  And, when the game was on the line in the 3rd, they got, what, 6 shots.  

They played a good game tonight.  They just couldn't buy a break.  (Maybe you make your own luck, but felt the game could easily have gone their way.)  They did not against AZ, but had they played with their normal effort, that 1 was very winnable.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.