Golden Knights at Sabres 11-10-22 7PM

North Buffalo

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

You said that last year! Well, someone did.

Narrator: It was thinkable.

right after I was like "I think we are good". of course. always the way. 

still think we can make something of this season, still early and we haven't been out of games. several noteworthy positives.

...but I sure hope the playoffs are a realistic thing, all year, because something much short of that seems a bit lacking after the quick start. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This team is going nowhere this year. Our best hope is some rookie does well and we get to 85 points. Big deal. FO is not that urgent to win. Just reality. And That’s why nobody goes to the games. 

It's the best scam going. Slow build or rank incompetence? We will never know!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Seems like Adams has the best job in sports. Pegulas are happy with a slowwwww build. The urgency to actually win isn’t there. Adams knows this and will be safe for years. 

Yep… It sure seems that way… Everyone from top to bottom just too comfortable with the status quo 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Thorny said:

right after I was like "I think we are good". of course. always the way. 

still think we can make something of this season, still early and we haven't been out of games. several noteworthy positives.

...but I sure hope the playoffs are a realistic thing, all year, because something much short of that seems a bit lacking after the quick start. 

Well unsurprisingly our team was shaken by the loss of multiple Dmen and has suffered due to it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This team is going nowhere this year. Our best hope is some rookie does well and we get to 85 points. Big deal. FO is not that urgent to win. Just reality. And That’s why nobody goes to the games. 

This is my biggest concern, I have already sold games 2 weeks out because of the 4th loss in a row. The players are going to get accustomed to an empty building and losing. When will the cycle be broken? Dahlin will probably laugh at extending his current contract and won't put up with this non-stop failure. What is to stop him from pulling an Eichel?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If they find a way to get it done on Saturday, they at least can say they haven't been below 0.500 this year.  (Both NHL AND this boards favorite the DeLuca 0.500.)

Isn't the DeLuca 0.500 what everybody cares about anyway?

Win the next three and we're back on a 96 point, good-shot-at-playoffs pace

should be easy haha

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If they find a way to get it done on Saturday, they at least can say they haven't been below 0.500 this year.  (Both NHL AND this boards favorite the DeLuca 0.500.)

Boston is gonna take a dump on Buffalo. Bucci said the Sabres have only beaten the Bruins once in the last 17 games. Seems almost impossible.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This is my biggest concern, I have already sold games 2 weeks out because of the 4th loss in a row. The players are going to get accustomed to an empty building and losing. When will the cycle be broken? Dahlin will probably laugh at extending his current contract and won't put up with this non-stop failure. What is to stop him from pulling an Eichel?

Have two former Sabre players ever scored a hat trick against us?  

Something to root for I guess.

Not saying anyone's wrong about how they feel but it's funny how quick fans can turn on a team. Especially their own  

I see a few positives 

7-7 W/L 

Respectable amount of shots on net (past several years were BRUTAL like less than 20 A LOT) 

Can't do a thing about injuries, should be better when guys come back 

I dont see any giving up mentality (from the players) 

I would have liked to win this game, obviously, but the season just began  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

The NHL is a win-now league.  Players want their name on the Cup. They don't have a much time to fart around while a GM burns time with 3 AHL defensemen in the lineup while signing zombie contracts to get to the cap floor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Claude Balls said:

Boston is gonna take a dump on Buffalo. Bucci said the Sabres have only beaten the Bruins once in the last 17 games. Seems almost impossible.

Exactly, my son and daughter (15 and 16 years old) were all fired up to go on Saturday and each take a friend...they just told me to sell. It freaking breaks my heart that they can't enjoy a single season since they were born. 

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Win the next three and we're back on a 96 point, good-shot-at-playoffs pace

should be easy haha

The B's 'll be a tough out.  But not impossible.

But they very well could be on a 4 game winning streak by the time they come home to wear R&B for the 1st time since '06.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

clague bryson pairing was an nightmare. -7 combined tongight while the rest of the D was basically even.  Granted neither should be playing in the NHL.  Bryson also had an open net to get us within 1 with a couple minutes left, hesitated then choked.

Bryson is no better than a 7th D man. Oh, he has a few cute moments here and there, but he’s too easy to play against, regardless. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

The NHL is a win-now league.  Players want their name on the Cup. They don't have a much time to fart around while a GM burns time with 3 AHL defensemen in the lineup while signing zombie contracts to get to the cap floor.

No doubt Adams strategy is take take 3 to 5 more years to become competitive.  Meanwhile that just reinforces the losing culture.  And Granato is turning into a lame motivational speaker and the mistakes continue to be made at an alarming rate. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not me. 7-0-7 is a helluva lot better than 7-7-0. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Can we ever catch a break, ever? We play hard, doesn’t matter. We draw what should be a penalty, no calls. We shoot and it hits the post or crossbar or miraculous gains sentience and walks off the ice with a top hat singing Ragtime Gal. 

Other team, shoots a puck and it will literally heat seek to the back of our net regardless of circumstances. 

The constant monster rebounds Comrie was giving up were not helping. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.